B.A. (East Tennessee State University), M.A. (The University of Texas at Austin)
- Ph.D., Media and Communication, Sep 2017-Present
Department of Media and Communication, College of Liberal Arts and Social Science
City University of Hong Kong
- M.A. in Advertising (with Thesis), May 2014
Stan Richards School of Advertising & Public Relations, Moody College of Communication
The University of Texas at Austin
- B.A. in Mass Communication (Advertising Concentration) & Marketing (Minor), May 2012
College of Arts & Sciences
East Tennessee State University
- Wang, S., & Kim, K. J. (online first). Consumer response to negative celebrity publicity: The effects of moral reasoning strategies and fan identification. Journal of Product & Brand Management. [SSCI]
- Wang, S., Cunningham, N. R., & Eastin, M. S. (2015). The impact of eWOM message characteristics on the perceived effectiveness of online consumer reviews, Journal of Interactive Advertising, 15(2), 151-159.
- Chu, T. H., Su, Y. Z., Fan, F., Wang, S., & Yeo, T. E. (2019, July). Give boys a shot: Examining Reddit discussions on male HPV vaccination using machine learning. Poster presented at the 2019 International Conference on Social Media and Society (SMSociety), Toronto, Canada.
- Wang, S., & Kim, K. J. (2019, May). How consumers process celebrity transgressions: From a moral reasoning perspective. Paper presented at the 69th Annual International Communication Association Conference (ICA), Washington, D.C., USA.
- Wang, S., & Kim, K. J. (2019, May). How do bystanders cope with cyberbullying? An examination of factors promoting bystanders’ intervening behaviors. Paper presented at the 69th Annual International Communication Association Conference (ICA), Washington, D.C., USA.
- Wang, S. (2019, May). Flaming in User Comments on News Websites: The Influence of Anonymity and Incivility. Proposal accepted for 10th Annual Doctoral Consortium of the Communication and Technology Division and the Mobile Communication Interest group. 69th Annual International Communication Association Conference (ICA), Washington, D.C., USA.
- Wang, S. (2018). How do Bystanders Cope With Cyberbullying? Exploring Predictors of Bystander Reactive Behavior. Paper presented at 9th Honours Symposium for Asian PhD students in Communication Research, Yonsei University, Seoul, South Korea.
- Wang, S. (2018). Bystander Reactions to Cyberbullying on Social Media: The Role of Interpersonal Relationship. Paper presented at 10th Postgraduate Symposium of the Chinese Journalism and Communication Consortium, Beijing, China.
- Wang, S., Cunningham, N. R., & Eastin, M. S. (2015, August). The Effect of Online Consumer Reviews on Attitude and Purchase Intention - The Role of Message and Source Characteristics, The 2015 American Marketing Association (AMA) Summer Marketing Educators’ Conference, Chicago, IL, USA.
Honors and Awards
- Top Paper Award, 10th Postgraduate Symposium of the Chinese Journalism and Communication Consortium, Communication University of China, Beijing, 2018.
- 2017-2018, Outstanding Academic Performance Award, City University of Hong Kong
- 2017-2020, University Grants Council (UGC) Scholarship, Hong Kong
- 2010-2012, Certificate of Distinction, East Tennessee State University