My research interest is in sociological and cultural studies of journalism. Especially, I explore the journalistic professionalization in China by relating it to the interactions of politics, economy, and culture during the social transformation.
Recently, I am conducting research about disaster reporting and disaster communication in China. My focus is on how marketized media report disasters since the astonishing WeChuan Earthquake in 2008.
- ZHI, Li. (2015). Professional struggles in Conflict reporting in China. Paper presented at The Sixth Honours Symposium for Asian Ph. D students in Communication Research.
- ZHI, Li. & LIANG, Limin. (2016). Professional struggles in Conflict reporting in China. Paper presented at ICA Annual Conference 2016.
- 2013-2014A Computational Communication
- 2013-2014B Media and Consumption: food and fashion in everyday life
- 2014-2015A Principles of Public Relations
- 2014-2015B Fundamentals of Persuasive Communication
- 2015-1016A&B Fundamentals in Media and Communication