Dr. Thuc Hue Ly (李淑惠) received her
B.Sc. in Department of Chemical Engineering
from Ho Chi Minh University of Technology
(2010), where she developed a strong passion
for inorganic chemist. She then moved to
Korea and obtained Ph.D. (2015) degree in
the department of Energy Science from
Sungkyunkwan University under the
supervision of Prof. Young Hee Lee, where
she was working on 2D materials. In 2015
-2017, she worked as a research fellow in
Center for Integrated Nanostructure Physics,
Institute for Basic Science. Recently she
moved to the department of Applied Physics,
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University under
Postdoctoral Fellowship Scheme. She joined
City University of Hong Kong in August 2017.
Her current research interests include:
- Synthesis of 2D
- Defects engineering
of 2D materials, nanomaterials
- Design new
electronic/optoelectronic devices by
combining 2D materials and others
- Lingli Huang, Fangyuan Zheng, Qingming Deng, Quoc Huy Thi, Lok Wing Wong,
Yuan Cai, Ning Wang, Chun-Sing Lee, Shu Ping Lau,
Thuc Hue Ly*,
Jiong Zhao. Anomalous fracture in two-dimensional rhenium disulfide. Science Advances 6, 47, eabc2282 (2020).
- Lok Wing Wong, Lingli Huang, Fangyuan Zheng, Quoc Huy Thi, Qingming Deng, Jiong Zhao,
Thuc Hue Ly*.
Site-specific electrical contacts with the two-dimensional materials. Nature Communications 11, 3982 (2020).
- Thuc Hue Ly, Jiong Zhao, Magdalena Ola Cichocka, Lain-Jong Li, and Young Hee Lee.
Dynamical observations on the crack tip zone and stress corrosion of two-dimensional MoS2. Nature Communications 8, 14116 (2017).
- Thuc Hue Ly#, David J. Perello#, Jiong Zhao#, Qingming Deng, Hyun Kim, Gang Hee Han, Sang Hoon Chae,
Hye Yun Jeong, and Young Hee Lee. Misorientation-angle-dependent electrical transport across molybdenum disulfide grain boundaries.
Nature Communications 7, 10426 (2016). (#equal contribution)
- Sang Hoon Chae, Woo Jong Yu, Jung Jun Bae, Dinh Loc Duong, David Perello, Hye Yun Jeong, Quang Huy Ta,
Thuc Hue Ly, Quoc An Vu, Minhee Yun, Xiangfeng Duan, and Young Hee Lee. Transferred wrinkled Al2O3 for highly stretchable
and transparent graphene-carbon nanotube transistors. Nature Materials 12, 403-409 (2013).
- Jiong Zhao, Qingming Deng, Thuc Hue Ly, Gang Hee Han, Gorantla Sandeep, and Mark H Rummeli.
Two-dimensional membrane as elastic shell with proof on the folds revealed by three-dimensional atomic mapping. Nature Communications 6, 8935 (2015).
- Ke Cao, Shizhe Feng, Ying Han, Libo Cao, Thuc Hue Ly, Zhiping Xu, Yang Lu. Elastic straining of free-standing graphene.
Nature Communications 11, 284 (2020).
Thuc Hue LY - CityU Scholars | A Research Hub of