Assistant Professor of Department of Chemistry
|Google Scholar||Google Scholar|
- 2D Materials
Dr. Chaoliang Tan is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Chemistry at City University of Hong Kong, HKSAR, China. His current research interests mainly focus on the following two directions at CityU: (1) preparation of 2D materials (e.g., nanoflakes, thin films and their Van der Waals heterostructures) for electronics (transistors, circuits, memory devices and synaptic transistors) and optoelectronics (e.g., photodetectors and imaging sensor systems). (2) Structural engineering (e.g., defect, phase, interlayer distance, etc.) of layered nanomaterials (e.g., TMDs, layered metal oxides and LDHs) for biomedical applications (e.g., cancer therapy and antibacterial). He had also worked on fabrication of 2D material-based flexible energy and sensing devices and their integrated wearable self-powered sensing systems, and the preparation and applications of novel 2D materials and their functional composites. He has authored or co-authored over 140 SCI papers on journals like Nat. Nanotechnol., Nat. Mater., Nat. Chem., Nat. Catal., Nat. Rev. Mater., Nat. Rev. Chem., Nat. Commun., Chem. Rev., Chem. Soc. Rev., J. Am. Chem. Soc., Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., Adv. Mater., etc. More than 50 of them are first authored or corresponding authored papers, including Nat. Nanotechnol., Nat. Rev. Mater., Chem. Rev., Chem. Soc. Rev., Nat. Commun., J. Am. Chem. Soc., Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., Adv. Mater., Adv. Funct. Mater., ACS Nano, Nano-Micro Lett. and Small. The total citation of his published papers is over 21,500 with a H-index of 65. He has been listed as the “Highly Cited Researcher” (Top 1%, Clarivate Analytics) in last four years (2018-2021) as well as “Top 2% Scientists in the world” in Engineering by Stanford University in last two years (2020-2021). He also received the NSFC Excellent Young Scientist Fund (HK & Macau) in 2021.
- 2022 “Rising Star” Small.
- 2022 “ World Top 100,000 Scientists” www.globalauthorid.com.
- 2021 “Highly Cited Researcher” Clarivate Analytics. [URL]
- 2021 “Top 2% Scientists in the world in Engineering” Stanford Unviersity. [URL]
- 2021 “NSFC Excellent Young Scientist Fund (HK & Macau)” NSFC.
- 2021 “Rising Star Lecturer” Hong Kong Institute of Advanced Study.
- 2021 “Emerging Investigators” Journal of Materials Chemistry A.
- 2020 “Top 2% Scientists in the world in Engineering” Stanford Unviersity. [URL]
- 2020 “Highly Cited Researcher” Clarivate Analytics. [URL]
- 2019 “Highly Cited Researcher” Clarivate Analytics. [URL]
- 2018 “Highly Cited Researcher” Clarivate Analytics.
- 2016 “MSE Doctorate Research Excellence Award” Nanyang Technological University.
- 2016 “Best Poster Award” International Conference on Electronic Materials, Singapore.
- 2015 “Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Self-financed Students Abroad” Chinese government.