Please study the following notes in detail before applying. The submission of an application means that students understand and abide by the terms and conditions as laid down.
- Penultimate year students.
- CGPA at or above 2.50 at the time of application. A drastic drop in CGPA after application may render the student ineligible for OIS participation. Co-op Centre reserves the right to stop processing the application or withdraw the offer even if granted.
- Full-time, local or non-local students attending UGC-funded academic programmes that will lead to CityU undergraduate awards.
- Students on outbound exchange programme in Semester A/B can apply through the online system. Semester B outbound exchange students need to return to CityU in May to attend the Pre-departure Workshop and Final Briefing. OIS begins in late May/early June. There will be no adjustment to meet individual needs. Students whose exchange study ends in mid to late June should not apply.
- IELTS overall score ≥ 6.5 (individual component ≥ 6.0) is required for some UK and USA positions. Students should take note of the requirements before application.
|Before application||Co-op Centre will send students a link for account activation. Students need to activate the account before they can apply through the Co-op Centre Webpage.|
|Application||15 Oct 2018 00:00 - 24 Oct 2018 24:00
Students shall apply online and the Online System is best viewed with MS Internet Explorer. The receiving time recorded by the system will be observed. Late applications will NOT be accepted.
Students may view the job posts on the web but should not do the selection at this stage.
For enquiry about on-line application, please contact Mr Francis Yip (3442-6177).
|Department screening||Department interview is compulsory. Failure to attend will be considered as withdrawal from the application. Other than scheduled classes, no reason(s) will be accepted for absence or change of interview schedule. If it clashes with class time-table, please contact Miss Wayne Li (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request for a certification letter to apply for leave from class. Interview results will be announced by email.
|Job selection||Shortlisted students will need to submit their job selection through the system in mid-November. During the selection period, no new job posts will be uploaded.|
|Company interview (Nov – Dec)||Students will be notified by email. Please check email every day. Co-op Centre cannot guarantee how much preparation time students will have. It can be as short as one evening or as long as a week.
Participants are expected to be proficient in English. Knowledge in a third language is not required. The Centre and the partner institution will make the final decision on the selection of students.
|Confirmation||Upon recruitment confirmation, students are required to sign an Acceptance of Offer at Co-op Centre and attend the Pre-attachment Training. If these two requirements are not met, the internship will not be offered.|
Co-op Centre does NOT process student-initiated OIS.