- Full-time undergraduate students, local or non-local, in College of Engineering.
- They should be penultimate year at the time of application.
- The applicant is required to achieve a CGPA at or above 2.50 at the time of application. A drop in CGPA after application may render the student ineligible for OIS participation. The Co-operative Education Centre reserves the right to stop processing the application or withdraw the offer.
- Students on outbound exchange programme in Semester A/B can apply through the online system. Semester B outbound exchange students need to return to CityU in May to attend the pre-departure workshop and final briefing. The OIS begins in late May/early June. There will be little room for adjustment to meet individual needs. Students whose exchange study ends in mid- to late June should not apply.
- IELTS overall score ≥ 6.5 (individual component ≥ 6.0) is required for some UK and USA institutions.
|Before application||Co-operative Education Centre will send all students a link in October for account activation.|
|Application||15 Oct 2018 00:00 - 24 Oct 2018 24:00
|Department interview||Department interview is compulsory. Failure to attend will be considered as withdrawal. Other than scheduled classes, no reason(s) will be accepted for absence or change of interview schedule.
|Job selection||Shortlisted students should select the jobs through the system in mid-November. During the selection period, no new job posts will be uploaded.|
|Company interview (Nov – Dec)||
|Confirmation||Upon confirmation, students are required to sign an Acceptance of Offer and a Course Registration Undertaking and attend the Pre-attachment Training. If these two requirements are not met, the internship will not be offered.|
|Pre-attachment training||Student are required to attached the pre-departure workshop and the final briefing at the end of May. Failure to attend will result in the immediate termination of the internship and failure of the course FS4005 Overseas Ineternship Scheme.|
Co-op Centre does NOT process student-initiated OIS.
Ms Maidie Lo