- Full-time undergraduate students, local or non-local, in College of Engineering.
- They should be penultimate year at the time of application.
- The applicant is required to achieve a CGPA at or above 2.50 at the time of application. A drop in CGPA after application may render the student ineligible for OIS participation. The Co-operative Education Centre reserves the right to stop processing the application or withdraw the offer.
- Students on outbound exchange programme in Semester A can apply through the online system. Semester B outbound exchange students need to return to CityU by mid-May to attend the pre-departure workshop and final briefing normally scheduled on the following weekday right after the examination period. The OIS begins in late May/early June. There will be little room for adjustment to meet individual needs. Students whose exchange study ends by mid-June should not apply.
- IELTS overall score ≥ 6.5 (individual component ≥ 6.0) is required for some UK and USA institutions.
|Before application||Co-operative Education Centre will send all students a link in early November for account activation.|
|Application||9 Nov 2020 00:00 - 15 Nov 2020 24:00
|Department interview||Departmental interview is compulsory. It is scheduled in week 14. Failure to attend will be considered as withdrawal. Other than scheduled classes, no reason(s) will be accepted for absence or change of interview schedule.
|Job selection||Shortlisted students should select the jobs through the system in early-January. During the selection period, no new job posts will be uploaded.|
|Host interview (Jan - Feb)||
|Offer & Acceptance||Once offer is made, students are required to sign an Acceptance of Offer and a Student Agreement within THREE working days.|
|Pre-attachment training||Students are required to attend the pre-departure workshop and the final briefing normally scheduled on the following weekday right after the examination period in May. Failure to attend will result in the immediate termination of the internship and failure of the course FS4005 Overseas Internship Scheme or the equivalent course.|
|Other Assignments||Students are required to complete the assignments as listed in the section of Assignments in the website.|
|Final Presentation||Students are required to conduct a final presentation to the host supervisor on site. Upon returning to Hong Kong, a final presentation is to be conducted to the CityU supervisor before commencement of Semester A.|
Co-op Centre does NOT process student-initiated OIS.
Miss Stephanie Chan
Ms Maidie Lo