- Full-time undergraduates students, local or non-local, in College of Engineering.
- They should be in their penultimate year at the time of application.
- For non-local students, the final approval rests with the Immigration Department of the HKSAR.
- Students on outbound exchange programme in Semester B can apply through the online system. However, students who can attend the interviews in Hong Kong will stand a higher chance. The IAS must begin in early June. There is little room for adjustment to meet individual needs.
- Students pending offers of the Overseas Internship Scheme and wish to apply for the IAS as backup should submit an application in March. The Co-operative Education Centre will withhold their IAS applications until rejection/withdrawal from OIS is confirmed.
April – May
Students who wish to bring in an IAS post or IAS company need to seek approval from the Co-operative Education Centre. They must secure the internship position before the Co-operative Education Centre contacts the company to explain the IAS requirements to them. If the company can fulfill all the requirements, the placement at the company can be counted as IAS.
The submission of an application is a firm commitment of participation in the IAS. Once an offer made, the students will be given 2 working days to consider it. Once they have signed the Acceptance of Offer and the Course Registration Undertaking, they will not be allowed to withdraw. Withdrawal will result in failure of the internship and of the course FS4002 Industrial Attachment Scheme (IAS).
Mr Fred Wu
Miss Jessica Ng