FS4001 Co-operative Education Scheme (CES)
- All students joining CES will be registered on FS4001 by the Co-operative Education Centre.
- FS4001 is an 8-credit unit course assessed on a Pass/Fail basis. Failure to complete the training will result in failure of the course and this will affect the student's GPA significantly.
- FS4001 cannot be used to fulfil any programme requirement. The status of FS4001 in a programme or how each programme recognizes this course is dependent upon individual programme requirements. Students are advised to contact their parent department for queries.
- The grade for FS4001 will only be issued after the student has given the final presentation and submitted the duly completed logbook.
- Credit distribution: Semester A (4 credit units) and Semester B (4 credit units)
FS4003 CES Placement Project
- FS4003 is a 6-credit unit course and is equivalent to most of the Final Year Projects (FYP) offered by departments. Students who are not enrolled on FYPs will be registered on FS4003.
- The project under FS4003 follows the assessment schedule and criteria of the parent department of the student. It is also supervised by the academic staff of the same department.
- A student is declined to have failed the course if he / she is unable to complete the training, which will be probably lead to delay in graduation.
- Credit distribution: Semester A (3 credit units) and Semester B (3 credit units)
The maximum number of credit units permitted for a degree is as follows:
- 4-year degree: 144 credit units (Academic Regulations 4.1)
- Advanced Standing I: 114 credit units (Academic Regulations 6.4.1)
- Advanced Standing II: 84 credit units (Academic Regulations 6.5.1)
Students who have exceeded the maximum credit units permitted will not be allowed to register for further courses in subsequent semesters / terms except for (a) those pursuing a double major or double degree by paying the extra credits; or (b) those who have been granted special approval to exceed the maximum credit limit due to change of home major. For details, students are advised to check with the Academic Regulations and Records Office (ARRO) and/or their parent department.
If a student anticipate that he/she will exceed the maximum credit limit upon the enrolment of FS4001 (8 credit units) and / or FS4003 (6 credit units), they should seek advice from the Co-operative Education Centre and his / her parent department before submitting the application.