GE2401 - English for Science
Offering Academic Unit
Department of English
- Grade D in HKAL Use of English or
- Grade 4 in HKDSE or
- Successful completion of English Academic Proficiency Courses (EL0220, EL0222, EL0223 and EL0225 - 6 credits) or English for Academic Purposes (EL0200 - 6 credits)
Course Offering Term*:
Semester A 2014/15, Semester B 2014/15, Summer 2015
Semester A 2015/16 (Tentative), Semester B 2015/16 (Tentative), Summer 2016 (Tentative)
|* The offering term is subject to change without prior notice|
This course aims to...
- Provide students with opportunities to improve their English communication skills in the context of their own interests, disciplines and/or future career aspirations.
- Give students further opportunities to explore how to use English as a tool for inquiry, learning, thinking and communicating within their chosen fields or areas of interest.
- Help students to master the conventions (including citation, referencing and avoiding plagiarism) associated with communicating in English in their particular fields or areas of interest.
- Develop students’ critical and evaluative thinking within their disciplines or areas of interests.
- Develop students’ capacity to become self-directed English language learners within the context of their chosen fields or areas of interest.
- Help students to understand the role of English communication in the development of professional identities and membership in disciplinary communities or interest groups.
Assessment (Indicative only, please check the detailed course information)
Continuous Assessment: 100%
Detailed Course Information
|Department of English|