LW5608 - Constitutional Law
Offering Academic Unit
School of Law
Course Offering Term*:
Semester A 2018/19
|* The offering term is subject to change without prior notice|
This course aims to
- To examine the nature of the constitutional framework established under the Basic Law.
- To provide an understanding of the legal, political and social values underlying the Basic Law.
- To develop in the student the knowledge and skills to analyse the basic principles underlying the concept of “one country, two systems” and understand the practical significance of the concept.
- To enable the student to analyse and understand the working of the future SAR government in the light of the provisions of the Basic Law.
- To explain the legal position of Hong Kong vis-a-vis the Central Government and the Constitution of the People’s Republic of China.
- To identify areas of uncertainty, conflict and problems in the Basic Law.
Assessment (Indicative only, please check the detailed course information)
Continuous Assessment: 50%
Examination Duration: 3 hours
Detailed Course Information
|School of Law|
This course is restricted to students admitted to the Juris Doctor Programme in 2013-14 or in subsequent years.