LW5605A - Constitutional and Administrative Law I
Offering Academic Unit
School of Law
LW3605 (LLB) (The semester A part) or LW3605A or LW5608
Course Offering Term*:
Not offering in current academic year
|* The offering term is subject to change without prior notice|
This course aims to
- To examine the nature of the constitutional framework established under the Basic Law.
- To provide an understanding of the legal, political and social values underlying the Basic Law.
- To develop in the student the knowledge and skills to analyse the basic principles underlying the concept of “one country, two systems” and understand the practical significance of the concept.
- To enable the student to analyse and understand the working of the future SAR government in the light of the provisions of the Basic Law.
- To explain the legal position of Hong Kong vis-a-vis the Central Government and the Constitution of the People’s Republic of China.
- To identify areas of uncertainty, conflict and problems in the Basic Law.
Assessment (Indicative only, please check the detailed course information)
Tutorial and class performance: 20%
Examination Duration: 2 or 3 hours
Detailed Course Information
|School of Law|