Associate of Science in Surveying (ASc S)
This curriculum applies to students admitted form the academic year 2018/19 onwards.
Mode of Study: Full-time
Normal duration: 2 years
Programme Leader: Dr Eric Cheng
Deputy Programme Leader: Dr Paul Ho
Tuition fee: Click here for more information
General enquiry: firstname.lastname@example.org (e-mail) / 3442 7089 (hotline)
The Associate of Science in Surveying aims to produce graduates to possess:
- specialist and content-based knowledge and skills related to the surveying profession to enable them to work as a competent associate professional in the surveying and construction industry; and
- intellectual abilities and transferable skills to apply skills and strategies in learning, to deal with problems creatively, to communicate, interact and work well with people, and to operate across disciplines and professional boundaries.
The graduates are expected to be equipped with the required broad-based academic foundation and practical skills in surveying enabling them to enter into an international workplace or to continue education in local and overseas universities.
Graduates of this programme may work as Survey Officer / Valuation Officer / Works Supervisor etc. in the relevant government departments including Architectural Services Department, Buildings Department, Lands Department, Housing Department, Highways Department and Rating and Valuation Department etc.
Graduates may also work in the private and public sectors in the fields of project management, property development and valuation, estate agency, building surveying, quantity surveying, contract administration, property management and construction.
To be eligible for admission, you must satisfy the Entrance Requirements.
Programme Structure and Curriculum
Core Courses (57 credit units)
- Technology for Living Environment
- Science for Human Comfort
- Building Communication
- Legal Studies
- Building Measurement 1
- Building and Environmental Control
- Design and Specification
- Construction Technology
- Construction Materials & Structures
- Building Services
- Property Management
- Building Cost Studies
- Maintenance Technology and Management
- Real Estate Valuation
- Estate Agency and Marketing
- Planning and Development
- Construction Contract Administration
- Procurement Practice
For detailed requirements of English Language, Chinese Language and Gateway Education please click here.
Professional Accreditation and Recognition
This programme has been successfully accredited by:
- The Hong Kong Institute of Surveyors (HKIS), graduates can undergo its training scheme called Assessment of Professional Competence to become a professional surveyor bearing the title AMHKIS and/or MHKIS.
This programme is also recognized by many local and overseas universities for admission with advanced standing into their third year of their degree programmes.
Students of this programme can join different activities including study tours, site visits and talks, etc.