Master of Philosophy (MPhil) /
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
||MPhil Biomedical Sciences
||PhD Biomedical Sciences
MPhil Students Admitted before 1 September 2019
MPhil Students Admitted on or after 1 September 2019
PhD Students Admitted before 1 September 2019
PhD Students Admitted on or after 1 September 2019
Programme & Course Catalogue
List of Core Courses and Electives
Handbook & Guidebook
Departmental Student Handbook 2019/2020
Guidebook for Research Degree Studies
Usually daytime on weekdays
Medium of Instruction, Assessment & Thesis Presentation
Cross-Institutional Course Enrolment Scheme
To enhance the opportunities for postgraduate students to access to courses and expertise at local universities in Hong Kong, students may take courses offered by the other UGC-funded tertiary institutions (CUHK, HKBU, HKIEd, HKU, HKUST, LU and PolyU) as electives through Cross-Institutional Course Enrolment Scheme.
1. Students are required to take a COMPULSORY one credit unit course “Teaching Students: First Steps” (SG8001).
- Individual students with insufficient English proficiency may be required to take a one credit unit course “English for the Medium of Instruction (SG8002)” before they are allowed to enrol into SG8001.
- The credit units earned from SG8001 and SG8002 will NOT be counted towards the fulfilment of coursework requirements of 14 credit units for PhD and 7 credit units for MPhil.
2. Students admitted in 2018/2019 and thereafter are required to take a compulsory online training course on research integrity, namely Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI Programme).
3. Students are NOT allowed to apply for credit transfer for core courses.
Chow Yei Ching School of Graduate Studies (SGS) Website
Important Notes on Coursework Plan and Course Registration
24 October 2019