BIT Multimedia University, Malaysia; MSc London School of Economics
Assistant Professor (Visiting)
Contemporary Chinese Politics
Southeast Asian Politics
Publications and Conference Papers
- YEW, Wei Lit (2015) "A tale of two towns: Government response to environmental protests in Malaysia", SEA Studies Symposium 2015, 20-24th March, Sunway University, Malaysia.
- YEW, Wei Lit (2014) "When Goliath lets David win: China's concessions to local environmental protests", The 3rd Global Social Sciences Graduate Students Conference, 15-16th November, Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong.
- YEW, Wei Lit (2014) "To concede or to suppress? Local government responses to NIMBY environmental protests in China", The 8th Annual Asian Political and International Studies Association (APISA) Congress, 19-20th September, Chiang Mai, Thailand.
- YEW, Wei Lit et al (2012) 'Small Charities, Communities & Localism Report'. The FSI publication (London). (co-authored)
PhD Research Thesis Topic
- Environmental Protest in China and Malaysia: Political Institutions, Concessions, and Coercion