Professor; BSSASIS Major Leader; Student Advising & Student Mentor Scheme Coordinator
China’s developmental trajectory
Chinese foreign policy
East Asian security relations
Chinese Politics and Foreign Policy
Chinese Political Economy
- Lynch, Daniel. 2016. “The End of China’s Rise.” Foreign Affairs, 11 January.
- Lynch, Daniel. 2015. China’s Futures: PRC Elites Debate Economics, Politics, and Foreign Policy. Stanford, CA: Stanford University Press. Winner of the 2016 Outstanding Academic Titles Award, sponsored by Choice.
- Lynch, Daniel. 2015. “China’s securitization of the South China Sea dispute.” In Lowell Dittmer and Maochun Yu, eds., China’s Security Relations. New York: Routledge.
- Lynch, Daniel. 2013. “Securitizing Culture in Chinese Foreign Policy Debates.” Asian Survey, July-August 2013.
- Lynch, Daniel. 2009. “Chinese Thinking on the Future of International Relations: Realism as the Ti, Rationalism as the Yong?” The China Quarterly, No. 197.
- Lynch, Daniel. 2007. “Envisioning China’s Political Future: Elite Responses to Democracy as a Global Constitutive Norm.” International Studies Quarterly 51(3).
- Lynch, Daniel. 2006. Rising China and Asian Democratization: Socialization to “Global Culture” in the Political Transformations of Thailand, China, and Taiwan. Stanford, CA: Stanford University Press.
- Lynch, Daniel. 1999. After the Propaganda State: Media, Politics, and “Thought Work” in Reformed China. Stanford, CA: Stanford University Press.