Degree / Award Title
Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in International Business
Offering Academic Unit
Department of Management
Mode of Study
The Major aims to equip students with the knowledge and skills to analyze and effectively manage in the international business environment. To achieve this aim, the Major seeks to help students develop the capabilities needed to navigate and succeed in the challenging global marketplace, especially in the increasingly important Asia Pacific region that covers East Asia, Southeast Asia and Oceania. The Major will allow students to understand how firms operate in the international environment and gain an in-depth understanding of the development and implementation of strategy and managerial activities in relation to cross-border business activities. Students of the Major will have considerable advantage in these crucial respects when they embark on their careers.
Upon successful completion of this Major, students should be able to:
- Possess the fundamental and most up-to-date international business knowledge and skills;
- Analyze the political, legal, economic, and cultural aspects of the international business environment in order to successfully manage in such an environment;
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the various business environments in the Asia Pacific region that critically affect firm strategies and managerial actions;
- Assist firms to evaluate business alternatives as well as formulate and implement business actions in relation to their management and operations in Asia Pacific;
- Develop the professional oral, written, and presentation skills needed to communicate and interact with their foreign counterparts when conducting international business activities.
|| Normative 4-year
|Advanced Standing I1
||Advanced Standing II2
| College requirements
||Remainder to fulfill the credit requirement for graduation, if any
Credit Units Permitted:
| Note 1:
||For students with recognised Advanced Level Examinations or equivalent qualifications.
| Note 2:
|| For Associate Degree/Higher Diploma graduates admitted as senior-year intake students.