Human Resources Management
Degree / Award Title
Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Human Resources Management
Offering Academic Unit
Department of Management
Mode of Study
This major aims to
Prepare and develop students for a career in human resource management.
Provide students with knowledge of the central functions of business management in general and human resource management in particular.
Produce graduates who have generic skills in learning how to learn, interpersonal interaction, effective communication in English and Chinese, working individually as well as in teams, creativity, emotional intelligence, business etiquette, etc.
Enable students to apply intellectual skills of strategic thinking in human resource management and demonstrate sensitivity to intercultural and global issues.
Develop in students practical skills in key areas of people-management and technical skills required of a generalist, a specialist, and a consultant in human resource management.
Upon successful completion of this Major, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate key knowledge and skills in business and management specific disciplines.
- Communicate effectively in English and Chinese.
- Apply analytical skills to business problem-solving.
- Attain personal and team goals using individual and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate awareness of ethical and global issues in business.
- Demonstrate competent conceptual understanding of human resource management functions
- Analyse organizational problems based on people-management knowledge.
Apply strategic human resource management knowledge to support organizational strategy and management processes.
|| Normative 4-year
|Advanced Standing I1
||Advanced Standing II2
||Remainder to fulfill the credit requirement for graduation, if any
Credit Units Permitted:
| Note 1:
||For students with recognised Advanced Level Examinations or equivalent qualifications.
| Note 2:
|| For Associate Degree/Higher Diploma graduates admitted as senior-year intake students.