TDGs - Teaching Development GrantsTeaching Development Grants
The University Grants Committee (UGC) supports the development of learning and teaching initiatives through the allocation of the Teaching Development Grants (TDGs) amongst tertiary institutions. The UGC emphasizes that the Grant should integrate and support institution-level initiatives and promote innovations to enhance the quality of teaching for the better provision of quality education to students.
Projects should produce outputs on demonstrated and direct teaching and learning benefits. Equally important are the projects’ emphasis in support of the incorporation of problem-based learning and research elements to equip students with the tools to find creative solutions to real-world problems.
- The funding ceiling is HK$240,000 per project.
- Projects involving overseas collaboration may request up to HK$270,000 per project.
- Project involving the adoption of Virtual Teaching and Learning (VTL) element may request an additional HK$50,000 with strong justifications. A technical review will be performed on the feasibility of adopting VTL element in the project.
- Projects which help to promote interdisciplinary collaboration, the use of technology in creative teaching & learning, the development of Gateway Education, or social responsibility and ethics will be given priority.
- Maximum project duration: 18 months
Calls for proposals
All applications MUST be submitted to Talent and Education Development Office (TED) (firstname.lastname@example.org). The Principal Investigators (PIs) should obtain approval for the proposal from relevant unit heads before submission. PIs with on-going TDG projects need not re-apply. Successful applicants would be offered a maximum of two TDG grants in four years.
- Call for Proposals: 1 February 2023
- Briefing Session
- Date: 7 February 2023
- Time: 2:30pm – 3:30pm
- Venue: Room B5-117, Yeung Kin Man Academic Building
- Interested colleagues please contact us at email@example.com
- Application Deadline: 3 March 2023
- Announcement of Results: End of April 2023