Dr. ZHUANG Xiaosheng (莊曉生博士)
PhD(Univ. of Alberta), MSc&BSc(Sun Yat-sen Univ.)
- Applied and Computational Harmonic Analysis
- Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and Pattern Recognition
- Sparse Approximation and Directional Multiscale Representation Systems
- Image/Signal Processing
- Compressed Sensing
Dr Xiaosheng Zhuang received his bachelor's degree and master's degree in mathematics from Sun Yat-Sen (Zhongshan) University, China, in 2003 and 2005, respectively. He received his PhD in applied mathematics from University of Alberta, Canada, in 2010. He was a Postdoctoral Fellow at Universität Osnabrück in 2011 and Technische Universität Berlin in 2012. He is currently an Associate Professor of the Department of Mathematics, City University of Hong Kong, which he joined in 2012.
For more details, see:
Awards and Achievements
- 2013 “Eearly Career Award” RGC, Hong Kong.
- 2009 “Eoin L. Whitney Scholarship” University of Alberta.
- 2008 “Dr. Josephine Mitchell Graduate Research Prize” University of Alberta.
- 2002 “Lenovo Scholarship” Sun Yat-sen University.
- Li J., Feng H., and Zhuang X. (2022) Convolutional neural networks for spherical signal processing via area-regular spherical Haar tight framelets. IEEE Transaction on Neural Networks and Learning Systems
- Li Y.-R., Shen L., and Zhuang X. (2022.09) A tailor-made 3-dimensional directional Haar semi-tight framelet for pMRI reconstruction. Applied and Computational Harmonic Analysis. 60 : 446-470.
- Zheng X., Zhou B., Wang Y. G. and Zhuang X. (2022.01) Decimated framelet system on graphs and fast G-framelet transforms, Journal of Machine Learning Research, 23(18) : 1-68.
- Wang Y. G., Li M., Ma Z., Montufar G., Zhuang X., and Fan Y. (2020.07) Haar graph pooling. Proceedings of the 37th International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML2020), PMLR 119: 9952-9962.
- Li, M., Ma, Z., Wang, Y. G., and Zhuang, X. (2020.08) Fast Haar transform for graph neural networks. Neural Networks. 128 : 188-198.
- Wang, Y. G. and Zhuang, X. (2020.01) Tight framelets and fast framelet filter bank transforms on manifolds. Applied and Computational Harmonic Analysis. 48 (1): 64-95.
- Han B., Li T., and Zhuang, X. (2019.05) Directional compactly supported box spline tight framelets with simple geometric structure. Applied Mathematics Letters. 91: 213 - 219.
- Che Z. and Zhuang, X. (2018.08) Digital affine shear filter banks with 2-Layer structure and their applications in image processing. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing. 27 (8): 3931 - 3941.
- Han, B., Jiang, Q. T., Shen, Z. W., and Zhuang, X. (2018.01) Symmetric canonical quincunx tight framelets with high vanishing moments and smoothness. Mathematics of Computation. 87 (309): 347 - 379.
- Chui, C. K., Mhaskar, H. N., and Zhuang, X. (2018.01) Representation of functions on big data associated with directed graphs. Applied and Computational Harmonic Analysis. 44 (1):165 - 188.
- Zhuang, X. (2017.07) Quincunx fundamental refinable functions in arbitrary dimensions. Axioms 2017, 6(3): 20.
- Zhuang, X. (2016.09) Digital affine shear transforms: fast realization and applications in image/video processing. SIAM Journal on Imaging Sciences. 9 (3):1437 - 1466.
- Bodmann, B. G., Kutyniok, G., and Zhuang, X. (2015.01) Gabor shearlets. Applied and Computational Harmonic Analysis. 38 (1):87-114.
- Zhuang, X. and Dai, D. Q. (2007) Improved discriminate analysis for high dimensional data and its application to face recognition. Pattern Recognition. 40: 1570-1578.
Last update date :
17 Apr 2023