Dr. Wei Qian received her master degree from Université Marie-Curie in Paris, in 2013. She obtained her PhD in 2017 from ETH Zürich. From 2017 to 2020, she was a Junior Research Fellow in Churchill College and Research Associate in University of Cambridge. From 2020 to 2022, she was a Chargée de Recherche in CNRS and Université Paris-Saclay. Dr. Wei Qian joined City University of Hong Kong in 2022.
Dr. Wei Qian's research is focused on probability theory and mathematical physics. She mainly works on random two dimensional geometry. More details are available on her personal webpage https://qian.perso.math.cnrs.fr/
Awards and Achievements
- 2017 “SwissMAP Innovator Prize” SwissMAP. [URL]
- Jego, Antoine. , Lupu, Titus. & Qian, Wei. (Mar 2023). Crossing exponent in the Brownian loop soup. arxiv:2303.03782.
- Gao, Yifan. , Li, Xinyi. & Qian, Wei. (May 2022). Multiple points on the boundaries of Brownian loop-soup clusters. arXiv:2205.11468.
- Duminil-Copin, Hugo. , Lis, Marcin. & Qian, Wei. (Jul 2021). Conformal invariance of double random currents I: identification of the limit. arXiv:2107.12985.
- Duminil-Copin, Hugo. , Lis, Marcin. & Qian, Wei. (Jul 2021). Conformal invariance of double random currents II: tightness and properties in the discrete. arXiv:2107.12880.
- Berestycki, Nathanaël. , Lis, Marcin. & Qian, Wei. (Feb 2021). Free boundary dimers: random walk representation and scaling limit. arXiv:2102.12873.
- Qian, Wei. (Sep 2020). Generalized disconnection exponents. Probability Theory and Related Fields.
- Miller, Jason. & Qian, Wei. (Aug 2020). Geodesics in the Brownian map: Strong confluence and geometric structure. arXiv:2008.02242.
- Gwynne, Ewain. , Miller, Jason. & Qian, Wei. (Apr 2020). Conformal invariance of CLEκ on the Riemann sphere for κ∈(4,8). International Mathematics Research Notices.
- Miller, Jason. & Qian, Wei. (Dec 2019). The geodesics in Liouville quantum gravity are not Schramm-Loewner evolutions. Probability Theory and Related Fields.
- McEnteggart, Oliver. , Miller, Jason. & Qian, Wei. (Jul 2019). Uniqueness of the welding problem for SLE and Liouville quantum gravity. Journal of the Institute of Mathematics of Jussieu.
- Qian, Wei. & Werner, Wendelin. (Jun 2019). Decomposition of Brownian loop-soup clusters. Journal of the European Mathematical Society.
- Qian, Wei. (Feb 2019). Conditioning a Brownian loop-soup cluster on a portion of its boundary. Annales de l'Institut Henri Poincaré, Probabilités et Statistiques.
- Qian, Wei. & Werner, Wendelin. (Dec 2018). The law of a point process of Brownian excursions in a domain is determined by the law of its trace. Electronic Journal of Probability.
- Qian, Wei. & Werner, Wendelin. (Jun 2018). Coupling the Gaussian free fields with free and with zero boundary conditions via common level lines. Communications in Mathematical Physics.
- Qian, Wei. (Jul 2017). Conformal restriction: The trichordal case. Probability Theory and Related Fields.
Service in CityU
- Aug 2022 - Nov 2022, MA3523 -- Introduction to Abstract Algebra.
Last update date :
02 Jun 2023