Junhui Hou is an Assistant Professor with the Department of Computer Science, City University of Hong Kong (CityU) since 2017. He received the BEng. degree in information engineering (Talented Students Program) from the South China University of Technology, Guangzhou, China, in 2009, the MEng. degree in signal and information processing from Northwestern Polytechnical University, Xi’an, China, in 2012, and the PhD degree from the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, NTU, Singapore, in 2016. His research interests fall into the general areas of visual computing, such as adaptive image/video/3D geometry data representation, processing and analysis, semi-supervised/unsupervised data modeling for clustering/classification, and data compression and adaptive transmission. He was the recipient of several prestigious awards, including Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Students Study Abroad from China Scholarship Council in 2015 and Early Career Award from Hong Kong Research Grants Council (RGC) in 2018. He is a senior member of IEEE.
Awards and Achievements
- 2015 “Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Students Study Abroad” China Scholarship Council. [URL]
- 2018 “Early Career Award” Hong Kong Research Grants Council (RGC). (3/381). [URL]
- 2020 “Outstanding Area Chair” IEEE International Conference on Multimedia & Expo (ICME).
- Jan 2022 - Dec 2024, Elected Member, Multimedia Signal Processing Technical Committee (MMSP-TC), IEEE Signal Processing Society.
- Jul 2021 - Now, Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Image Processing.
- Jan 2021 - Dec 2024, Elected Member, Visual Signal Processing and Communication Technical Committee (VSPC-TC), IEEE Circuits and Systems Society .
- 2021, Area Chair, IEEE Winter Conference of Applications on Computer Vision (WACV).
- 2021, Senior Program Committee Member, International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI).
- Sep 2020 - Aug 2024, Elected Member, Multimedia Systems & Applications Technical Committee (MSA-TC), IEEE Circuits and Systems Society .
- 1 Jan 2020 - Now, Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology .
- 2020, Area Chair, IEEE International Conference on Multimedia & Expo (IEEE ICME) .London.
- 2020, Guest Editor of a special issue on "Super-Resolution of Remotely Sensed Images", IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing.
- 2020, Publication Co-Chairs, IEEE International Conference on Visual Communication and Image Processing (IEEE VCIP).
- 2020, Special Session Organizer, Learning-based Geometry Modeling from Light Fields and Beyond, IEEE International Conference on Multimedia & Expo (IEEE ICME).London.
- 2019 - 2021, Area Chair, ACM International Conference on Multimedia (ACM MM). .
- 2019 - Now, Associate Editor , Signal Processing:Image Communication.
- 2018 - Now, Associate Editor , The Visual Computer .
- !!! I am looking for highly self-motivated PhD students. Please drop me an email if you are interested.
- !!! Multiple Postdoc/RA positions are available! Please feel free to drop me an email if you are interested in my research.
- CS2116 Computer Systems
CS4182 Computer Graphics
CS5182 Computer Graphics
Last update date :
20 Aug 2022