Clint Chin Pang Ho received a BS in Applied Mathematics from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), an MSc in Mathematical Modeling and Scientific Computing from the University of Oxford, and a PhD in computational optimization from Imperial College London. Before joining CityU, Clint was a Junior Research Fellow (now known as Imperial College Research Fellow) in the Imperial College Business School.
Clint's current research focuses on decision making under uncertainty. He studies optimization algorithms and computational methods for structured problems, as well as their applications in machine learning and operations research.
- Ho, C. P. & Parpas, P. (2019). Empirical Risk Minimization: Probabilistic Complexity and Stepsize Strategy. Computational Optimization and Applications.
- HO, C. P. , Kocvara, M. & Parpas, P. (2019). Newton-type Multilevel Optimization Method. Optimization Methods and Software.
- Li, Y. , Ho, C. P. , Toulemonde, M. , Chahal, N. , Senior, R. & Tang, M.-X. (2017). Fully Automatic Myocardial Segmentation of Contrast Echocardiography Sequence Using Random Forests Guided by Shape Model. IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging.
- Ho, C. P. & Parpas, P. (2014). Singularly Perturbed Markov Decision Processes: A Multiresolution Algorithm. SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization.
- Behzadian, B. , Russel, R. H. , Petrik, M. & Ho, C. P. (2021). Optimizing Percentile Criterion using Robust MDPs. The 24th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Statistics.
- Ho, C. P. , Petrik, M. & Wiesemann, W. (2018). Fast Bellman Updates for Robust MDPs. 35th International Conference on Machine Learning.
- Li, Y. , Ho, C. P. , Chahal, N. , Senior, R. & Tang, M.-X. (2016). Myocardial Segmentation of Contrast Echocardiograms Using Random Forests Guided by Shape Model. Medical Image Computing and Computer-Assisted Intervention.
- Chen, L. , Tong, T. , Ho, C. P. , Patel, R. , Cohen, D. , Dawson, A. C. , Halse, O. , Geraghty, O. , Rinne, P. E.M. , White, C. J. , Nakornchai, T. , Bentley, P. & Rueckert, D. (2015). Identification of Cerebral Small Vessel Disease Using Multiple Instance Learning. Medical Image Computing and Computer-Assisted Intervention.
- Chen, X. , Ho, C. P. , Osman, R. , Harrison, P. & Knottenbelt, W. (2014). Understanding, Modelling and Improving the Performance of Web Applications in Multi-core Virtualised Environments. 5th ACM/SPEC International Conference on Performance Engineering.
- I am currently looking for PhD student(s)/RA(s). Prospective students are welcome to email me with a CV. Exceptionally qualified students are encouraged to apply through the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS).
Last update date :
30 Sep 2021