Professor Min XIE
MSc(KTH, Sweden), LicTech(Linkoping), PhD(Linkoping, Sweden)
Chair Professor of Industrial Engineering
Associate Dean (Research), College of Engineering
|Ph.D. in Quality Technology
||Linkoping University, Sweden
|Licentiate in Reliability and Maintenance Engineering
||Linkoping University, Sweden
|M.Sc. in Engineering Physics
(Major in Applied Mathematics)
|Royal Inst of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden
Awards and Achievements
- Fellow of IEEE (1 Jan 2006)
- Fellow of Institution of Engineers Singapore (2005)
- William Mong visiting research fellow at Univ of Hong Kong (1996)
- Lee Kuan Yew research fellowship, Singapore (1991)
- Youngest PhD graduate at Linkoping University, Sweden (1987)
- Highest score in the first nation-wide entrance examination to Shao-Nian-Ban at USTC in 1978
Prof Xie has supervised over 50 PhD students and they are holding various positions in academia, industry and financial institutions.
Some PhD graduates from City University of Hong Kong now as faculty member abroad:
- Mimi Zhang, Assistant Professor at Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- Xun Xiao, Lecturer (equivalent to Assistant Professor in US system), Massey University, New Zealand
- Bin Liu, Lecturer, University of Strathclyde, UK
- Huadong Mo, Lecturer, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Lai, C.D. and Xie, M. (2006). Stochastic Ageing and Dependence for Reliability, Springer, New York, USA;
This book summarizes various concepts and results related to system ageing and dependence, an area of research I started to work on since I was a graduate student.
- Xie, M.; Dai, Y.S. and Poh, K.L. (2004). Computing Systems Reliability: Models and Analysis, Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers, Boston, MA, USA;
Probability models for reliability analysis of software, hardware, distributed computing, Grid computing multi-state systems, are summarized.
- Murthy, D.N.P.; Xie, M. and Jiang, R. (2003). Weibull Models, John Wiley & Sons, New York, USA;
Almost all models related to Weibull distribution that is very useful in reliability and survival analysis are described in this book.
- Xie, M.; Tan, K.C. and Goh, T.N. (2003). Advanced QFD Applications, ASQ Quality Press, Milwaukee, WI, USA;
Various methods using Quality Function Deployment technique for quality improvement and analysis are described with the emphasis on some more advanced methods.
- Xu, R.Z.; Xie, M. and Zheng, R.J. (1994). Software Reliability Models and Applications, (in Chinese) Tsinghua University Press, Beijing, China;
- Xie, M. (1991). Software Reliability Modelling, World Scientific Publisher, Singapore.
Now a classic book that summarizes most of the models for software reliability analysis.
Over 200 journal papers and 100 conference papers.
Prof Xie serves as editor, associate editor and on the editorial board of over 15 international journals. He has served as conference chair in a number of conferences and delivered keynote speeches at many others.
Prof Xie served as Program Manager for MSC(ISE) program for many years at National Univ of Singapore, and also as Associate Head (ISE) 2009-2011 there. He was Acting Head (SEEM at CityU) during fall 2011. Currently, he serves as Associate Dean (Internationalization) at College of Science and Engineering.
Please contact Prof Xie with a resume for information about research positions and scholarships.
Last modified on 7 January, 2019