Dr. Hongyi SUN
BSc (HarbinUST), M.Eng.(HIT), PhD(AalborgU), Cert.-University Pedagogy (BerganU), SrMIEEE(USA), MIIE(USA)
*** Recruitment ***
Candidates for Research Fellow, Post Doctor Fellow, or Research Assistant (2 posts) in innovation and entrepreneurship education and management are welcome. Interested candidates, pls contact Dr Hongyi Sun at email@example.com
- BSc in Computer Science, Harbin University of Science and Technology, China, 1983
- Master in Management Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT), China, 1986
- PhD in Industrial Management, Aalborg University, Denmark, 1993
- Certificate in Pedagogy for Higher Education, Bergan University, Norway, 1997
- 1998-, Assistant Professor (1998), Associate Professor (2001), Dept of Manufacturing Eng'g & Eng'g Management, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong.
- 1994-1998, Associate Professor, Dept of Management, University of Stavanger, Norway.
- 1991-1994, Teaching Assistant, Post Doctor Fellow, Research Fellow, Department of Production, Aalborg University, Denmark.
- 1986-1990, Lecturer, Department of Management Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT), China.
Courses to teach
- GE2304: Innovation and entrepreneurship for young professionals
- GE1208: Communication and Teamwork
- SEEM 4040: Entrepreneurship for Engineers
- SEEM 6012: Management of Technological Innovation
- The first prize research award on innovation and entrepreneurship education, China Association of Higher Education, Beijing, 15 April 2013
- CityU Teaching Excellence Award (TEA) 2005/2006, 2011/2012
- The Best Practical/Policy paper, International Conference on Entrepreneurship Education by Emerald Publisher, Li Ka-Shing Education Foundation and Shantou University, September 2010, Shantou, China
- First Prize Paper, “The four basic questions for nurturing innovation talents”, Annual Symposium by Society of Innovation and Entrepreneurship Education, China Association of Higher Education, June 2010, Xi’an, China
- Visiting Professor, Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT), Aug-Dec 2009
- Adjunct Professor, Shenzhen Graduate School, Harbin Institute of Technology
- Provisional Programme Leader: Engineering Doctorate (Engineering Management)(International)
- Member, Master of Science in Engineering Management (MSEM)
Member of editorial boards
- International Journal of Technological Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Technology Management (TECHNOVATION)
- International Journal of Quality and Reliability Management
- International Journal of Learning and Changes
Selected Publications in the Past 5 Years
- Sun, H.Y., Wang Z. Zhao, Y. Y. and Yam, R. (2012) "A systematic model for assessing innovation competence of Hong Kong/China manufacturing companies", Journal of Technology and Engineering Management, Volume 29, Issue 4, pp 546-565.
- Sun, H and W B Ni (2012) "The impact of upstream supply and downstream demand integration on quality management and quality performance", International Journal of Quality and Reliability management, Volume 29， No. 8, pp. 872-890.
- Sun H and Teh, P L and Chiu, A., (2012) "An Empirical Study on Websites Service Quality of Hong Kong Small Businesses", TQM & BE, Vol. 23, No. 7/8, pp.931–947.
- Teh, P. L. and Sun H. (2012) "Knowledge Sharing, Job Attitudes and Organizational Citizenship Behavior", Industrial Management & Data Systems, Vol.112, No.1, pp.64 – 82.
- Sun H (2011) "A Structural Equation Model of Quality Management Practices in Hong Kong Manufacturing Companies", International journal of Management, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 694-703.
- Sun, H (2011) "A systems research on quality management under the MBNQA framework", TQM & BE, Vol. 22, No. 11, pp.1195-1211.
- Sun, Hongyi, (2011) "The 3-3-3 framework and 7P model for teaching creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship", Journal of Chinese Entrepreneurship, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp.159 – 166. (Re-printed with permission in the special issue of "A global perspective on teaching Innovation, Entrepreneurship and engineering Management", IEEE Engineering Management Review, Vol.40, No.2, pp.157-163.)
- Sun, H. Y. and Zhao, Y. Y. (2010) "The influence of quality management on the speed of new product development", TQM & Business Excellence, Vol 21, No.4, pp.351-361.
- Sun, H Y, Ken Yau, and Eric Suen (2010) "The simultaneous impact of supplier and customer involvement on new product performance," Journal of Technology Management and Innovation, Vol.5, No.4, pp. 70-82.
- So, S. and H Y Sun (2010) "Supplier integration strategy for lean manufacturing adoption in electronic-enabled supply chains", Supply Chain Management: an International Journal, Vol 15, N0.6, pp.474-487.
- Sun, H Y (2009) "A Meta-Analysis on the Influence of National Culture on Innovation Capability", International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management, Vol 10 (3/4), pp.353-360.
- Sun, H. and Ni, W B (2009) "The relationship among Organisational Learning, Continuous Improvement and Performance Improvement: an evolutionary perspective", TQM & BE, Vol.20, No.10, pp.1041-1054.
- So, Stuart and H Y Sun (2009) "An extension of IDT in examining the relationship between electronic-enabled supply chain integration and the adoption of lean production", International Journal of Production Research, Manuscript Vol. 49, No. 2, pp. 447–466.
- Sun, H, Ho, K., and Ni, W B (2008) "The empirical relationship among Organisational Learning, Continuous Improvement and Performance Improvement from OL to LfO", International Journal of Learning and Changes, Vol.3, No.1, pp.110-124.
- Sun, H, Chow A, and Lo, C T (2008) "Rapid commercialization of acquired innovations: a collaborative model based on case studies in Chinese companies", International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management, Vol5., No.3, pp.363-379.
- Leung, R and Hongyi Sun (2008) "An innovation competence model for Hong Kong/China manufacturing companies", Industrial Engineering Research, an International Journal of IE Theory and Application, Vol.5, no.2, pp.1-10.
Last modified on 18 August, 2014