The School of Energy and Environment endeavors to develop close links with universities and institutions on the Chinese Mainland and other parts of the world in the form of joint research, staff/student exchange, joint supervision of research students, co-sponsorship of conferences and symposia, etc.
Within a short history, the School has successfully established collaborative links in the following areas:
- General academic exchange
- King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia
- Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, Germany
- National Taiwan University, Taiwan
- Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- National University of Singapore, Singapore
- University of de Cordoba, Spain
- Student exchange
- Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Ewha Womans University, Korea
- Griffith University, Australia
- Leibniz University of Hannover, Germany
- Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität Müchen, Germany
- National University of Singapore
- Queensland University of Technology, Australia
- The University of Sheffield, U.K.
- University of Bayreuth, Germany
- University of Bremen, Germany
- University of Exeter, U.K.
- University of Leeds, U.K.
- University of South Australia
- University of Vermont, U.S.A.
- University System of Taiwan
- Western Sydney University, Australia