Fang Brothers Whole Person Development Scholarships 2018/19
What are your life goals? Achieving an excellent GPA score? Helping needy people in the community? If you are actively pursuing Whole Person Development (WPD), please check this scholarship which are now open for application/nomination.
To encourage students’ Whole Person Development and to reward students with talents or significant contributions to the community, Fang Brothers Whole Person Development Scholarship Scheme has been established commencing from the 2004/2005 academic year. In 2014, Dr. Kenneth Fang generously made a donation in support of setting up an endowment fund to support the Scholarships.
Value and number of Scholarship(s)
A maximum of two scholarships of HK$100,000 each shall
be awarded in 2018/19 to support the
recipient’s tuition fee, living expenses and
fees for participating in meaningful
² Full-time non-first-year undergraduate degree students.
² Both local and non-local students are eligible.
² Outstanding performance and contribution in the seven areas of Whole Person Development, i.e. spiritual, intellectual, physical, social, aesthetic, career and emotional aspects (德、智、體、群、美、事、情) – please refer to the application guidelines for further descriptions
² Special talents or significant contributions to the community (including CityU, local and global community)
² Have achieved a CGPA of 3.2 or above at the time of application/nomination.
Documents for Application
² Completed application form
² An essay in Chinese: “在全人發展的學習過程中，對我個人成長及將來事業發展的影響”
² An essay in English: “My action plan on promoting whole person development for the advancement and betterment of the community / university life in the years to come”
² A copy of CityU academic report (AIMS version is acceptable), certificate(s) of public exam(s)
² Valid proof (e.g. letters issued by the activity organization) to show participation and contribution to the seven areas of Whole Person Development
Kindly DOWNLOAD the
Kindly DOWNLOAD the documents here:
APPLICATION GUIDELINES & APPLICATION FORM
Methods and Deadlines
1. Open-application method: Interested students can submit an application form with supporting documents to Student Development Services (SDS) office directly.
Open-application deadline: 5 p.m. of 4 March 2019. Late application will not be considered.
Nomination method: Student can be nominated
by his/her college or school. Kindly note
the deadline set by the respective school or
IMPORTANT POINTS TO NOTE:
1. The applicants/nominations should provide valid proof (as many as possible) to show his/her participation and contribution to the seven areas of Whole Person Development at the time of application/nomination.
2. Shortlisted candidates MUST attend one to two selection interviews in March 2019 in-person. Students who could not attend the interview in-person will NOT be considered for the Scholarship.
3. Shortlisted candidates are required to attend the coaching workshop(s) to upgrade their interview skill(s) if invited.
4. The recipient(s) of Fang Brothers Whole Person Development Scholarships 2018/19 are not allowed to hold other scholarships/awards/prizes with a total value exceeding HK$60,000, in the 2018/19 academic year.
Interested students should enroll in the Information Session to understand more about the scholarship details and application/ nomination procedures. Details are:
Date: 13 February 2019 (Wed)
Time: 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Venue: Room R6052, 6/F, BOCHK Complex (Lift 13)
The awardee of 2016/17 will share his successful story on how he obtained this prestigious scholarship. Please reserve a seat through the CityU Announcement Portal (CAP) message. Come and Join us!
For enquiries, please email email@example.com or call 3442 8111 (Ms. Li) during office hours. Thank you.
Student Development Services