City University of Hong Kong
CHAN Hon Pun HON Yuk Yee Exchange Scholarships
To provide scholarships to enable qualified outbound exchange students to join exchange study without financial worry.
The Scholarships shall be known as “CHAN Hon Pun HON Yuk Yee Exchange Scholarships” (陳漢斌韓玉儀交流獎學金).
Scholarship Value and Number of Awards
There shall be a maximum of 5 Scholarships for the current academic year. The total value of Scholarships shall not exceed the cumulative annual income generated by the endowment fund. The value of each Scholarship shall depend on destinations of exchange study. Details are as follow
Region/Country of Study
North America, South America, Europe
Australia, New Zealand
In case the scholarships are not fully distributed in the current academic year, the remaining sum will be carried forward for granting next year.
The Scholarships shall be awarded to outbound exchange students who are full-time UGC-funded local undergraduate students from the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences and have met the following criteria :
1. have achieved a CGPA of 3 or above in the last semester/term of study;
2. have participated in voluntary community service and had good conduct;
3. have fulfilled, before departing for exchange studies, the English language requirements# for exchange programme using English as the medium of instruction, or other language proficiency or special requirement as specified for individual programme;
4. have proven financial needs, or have successfully applied for Government grants and loans; and
5. priority will be given to those who have not previously participated in similar University-subsidized overseas exchange programmes.
1. Scholarship recipients are allowed to receive Student Exchange Fund from the University concurrently for the exchange programme.
2. Scholarship recipients are required to attend a three-hour “Pre-departure Training Session for Scholarship Recipients” which will be held at 2:30 pm on 20 May 2016 (Friday). Scholarships will be withdrawn for students failing to fulfill the requirement unless prior approval has been sought from Student Development Services.
3. Scholarship recipients are required to submit reports on their exchange study (not less than 800 words each) to SDS within one month upon their return to Hong Kong.
4. 80% of the scholarship value shall be released when the recipients present the offering letters issued by the overseas universities. The 20% of the scholarship value shall be paid when the recipients have submitted their report on exchange study.
5. The University reserves the right to demand for full or partial refund of the scholarship should any student fails to complete the exchange programme.
6. Scholarship recipients are obliged to attend the scholarship presentation ceremony as organized by the donor or by the University.
7. Scholarship recipients are expected to donate at least HK$200 annually to CityU for student support purpose via “CityU Alumni Giving Club” after graduation.
Application Procedure and Deadline
Eligible students should submit their applications and upload relevant supporting documents by 12:00 noon, 1 April 2016 (Friday), via the Online Scholarship Application System. Late submission will not be considered.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a selection interview to be held during 20 - 27 April 2016. Candidates failing to attend the selection interview in person will not be considered.
Miss Monsar Chan
Student Development Services
Tel: 3442 8113
(i) A minimum TOEFL score of 213 (computer-based test) or 550 (paper-based test) or 79 (internet-based test) or IELTS Band 6.5 or above; OR
(ii) Grade C or above in one of the following subjects:
a. HKALE Use of English / English Literature
b. GCE A/AS Level English Language/English Literature/English Language and Literature (grade B for subjects at GCSE Level)
c. English course approved by Senate for fulfilling the University language requirement
(iii) Level 4 of HKDSE English Language
Scholarship applicants are STRONGLY advised to plan early and fulfill the University language requirement in a timely manner.