City University of Hong Kong
Mr & Mrs Or Sik Ling Student Exchange Scholarships
To provide scholarships to enable qualified outbound exchange students to join exchange study.
The Scholarships shall be known as “Mr & Mrs Or Sik Ling Student Exchange Scholarships” (柯錫齡伉儷學生交流獎學金).
Scholarship Value and Number of Awards
There shall be a one Scholarship in the amount HK$5,000 for the current academic year.
The Scholarship shall be awarded to an outbound exchange student who is a full-time UGC-funded local undergraduate student from the School of Energy and Environment and has met the following criteria:
1. has achieved a CGPA of 3 or above in the last semester/term of study;
2. has possessed promising attributes such as leadership potential, aspiration for advancement, etc;
3. has fulfilled, before departing for exchange studies, the English language requirements# for exchange programme using English as the medium of instruction, or other language proficiency or special requirement as specified for individual programme; and
4. has not participated in similar University-subsidized exchange programmes.
1. The scholarship recipient is allowed to receive Student Exchange Fund from the University concurrently for the exchange programme.
2. The scholarship recipient is required to attend a three-hour “Pre-departure Training Session for Scholarship Recipients” which will be held at 2:30 pm on 20 May 2016 (Friday). Scholarships will be withdrawn for students failing to fulfill the requirement unless prior approval has been sought from Student Development Services.
3. The scholarship recipient is required to submit a report on his/her exchange study (not less than 800 words) to SDS within one month upon his/her return to Hong Kong.
4. 80% of the scholarship value shall be released when the recipient present the offering letter issued by the overseas universities. The 20% of the scholarship value shall be paid when the recipient has submitted his/her report on exchange study.
5. The University reserves the right to demand for full or partial refund of the scholarship should any student fails to complete the exchange programme.
6. The scholarship recipient is obliged to attend the scholarship presentation ceremony as organized by the donor or by the University.
7. The scholarship recipient is expected to donate at least HK$200 annually to CityU for student support purpose via “CityU Alumni Giving Club” after graduation.
Application Procedure and Deadline
Eligible students should submit their applications and upload relevant supporting documents by 12:00 noon, 1 April 2016 (Friday), via the Online Scholarship Application System. Late submission will not be considered.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a selection interview to be held during 20 - 27 April 2016. Candidates failing to attend the selection interview in person will not be considered.
Miss Monsar Chan
Student Development Services
Tel: 3442 8113
(i) A minimum TOEFL score of 213 (computer-based test) or 550 (paper-based test) or 79 (internet-based test) or IELTS Band 6.5 or above; OR
(ii) Grade C or above in one of the following subjects:
a. HKALE Use of English / English Literature
b. GCE A/AS Level English Language/English Literature/English Language and Literature (grade B for subjects at GCSE Level)
c. English course approved by Senate for fulfilling the University language requirement
(iii) Level 4 of HKDSE English Language
Scholarship applicants are STRONGLY advised to plan early and fulfill the University language requirement in a timely manner.