Why Study Here
Master of Arts in Housing and Urban Management
• Master of Arts in Housing and Urban Management (MAHUM) is a newly consolidated programme built on the strengths of the renowned Master of Arts in Housing Studies and Master of Arts in Urban Management programmes
• This MAHUM programme has two specialized study streams: Housing Stream and Urban Management Stream
• The Housing Stream mainly caters to local housing management practitioners who opt for professional training in housing management
• The Urban Management Stream is ideal for those who are interested in urban management, and at the same time, eager to enhance conceptual capacity in housing management
The MAHUM programme is offered in combined mode. The programme core courses and the Housing Stream core courses are usually be conducted on selected weekday evenings or block teachings in Summer. As for the Urban Management Stream core courses, most of them are offered in daytime.
Mode of Study and Teaching Arrangements
Students in “Full-time mode”:
Students in “Part-time mode”:
- all non-local students who pursue the programme with student visa are normally under this mode;
- local students may also opt for this study mode if they can commit taking at least 12 credits of courses for a regular semester throughout the study period;
- can normally complete the programme in one year.
Students in “Combined mode’:
- should not take more than 11 credits of courses for a regular semester throughout the study period;
- can normally complete the programme in two years.
Except students who registered for the “full-time” mode, all other students will be pre-registered for taking “combined mode” study load by default.
- suitable for students who are uncertain whether they can pursue the programme in the specific “full-time” or “part-time” mode throughout the study period;
- flexibility to switch between the “full time” or the “part time” study load during the study period;
- the maximum study period of “combined mode” students are the same as “part time” students;
- will not be entitled to benefits exclusive for “full-time students”, such as the MTR student travel scheme.
Application should be made online via https://www.cityu.edu.hk/pg/programme/p78
Applicants are reminded to get the following documents prepared in PDF format for uploading to the application system:
- Official academic transcript with an official explanation on the grading scale
- For academic qualifications obtained in the Mainland China, the degree award certificate (學士學位証) and online verification report of China Higher Education Student’s Academic Transcript (中國高等學校學生成績驗証報告)
For details of the supporting documents required, please refer to the Notes to Applicants on SGS’s website (https://www.cityu.edu.hk/pg/taught-postgraduate-programmes/apply-now
Further Information and Contacts
Programme Leader: Professor Yip N M
Associate Programme Leader: Dr Wissink Bart
Admissions Tutors: Dr Hu Wanyang (Housing Stream)
Dr Wang Jun (Urban Management Stream)
For further information of the programme, please refer to our pamphlets (Housing Stream) (Urban Management Stream)
and Chow Yei Ching School of Graduate Studies’ online prospectus
Tel: (852) 3442 8917
Fax : (852) 3442 0413