||Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
||Rice University (USA)
||New Mexico Tech (USA)
||Nanjing University (China)
|2012 – present
||Mechanical and Biomedical Engineering
||CityU (Hong Kong)
|2011 – 2012
||Materials Science and Engineering
||Best Poster Paper Award, The 9th International Workshop on Advanced Materials (IWAM9) – in honor of C.T. Liu's life-time contributions to the material advancements
||Best Poster Award, the 11th Cross-Strait Workshop on "Nano Science and Technology" (CSWNST11)
||UGC (Hong Kong) Early Career Award 2013/2014
||Fellowship for NSF Summer Institute on "Materiomics"
||Franz R. and Frances Brotzen Fellowship award, Rice University
||NSF Research Fellow for NSF-Sandia National Institute of Nano Engineering (NINE)
||Best Poster Award, the CONTACT (Consortium for Nanomaterials for Aerospace Commerce and Technology) program annual review meeting
||Jack F. Pollard endowed fellowship in engineering, Rice University
||Best Poster Presentation Award, the 7th LANSCE (Los Alamos Neutron Scattering Center) User Group Meeting, Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Y Lu, S Xu, J Lou "Gold Nanorods" Encyclopedia of Nanotechnology (ISBN 978-94-007-6178-0), 1-9, Springer, 2015.
- Y Lu, S Ma, BS Majumdar "Elastic Microstrains During Tension and Creep of Superalloys: Results from In Situ Neutron Diffraction" Superalloys 2008 (ISBN: 978-0-87339-728-5), 553-562, TMS publications, 2008.
- H Zhang, J Tersoff, S Xu, H Chen, Q Zhang, K Zhang, Y Yang, C-S Lee, K-N Tu, J Li, Y Lu "Approaching the ideal elastic strain limit in silicon nanowires" Science Advances, 2: e1501382, 2016.
- H Zhang, C Jiang, Y Lu "Low-cycle fatigue testing of Ni Nanowires based on a micro-mechanical device" Experimental Mechanics, doi:10.1007/s11340-016-0199-1, 2016.
- X Liu, K Wu, G Wu, Y Gao, L Zhu, Y Lu, J Lu "High strength and high ductility copper obtained by topologically controlled planar heterogeneous structures" Scripta Materialia 124, 103–107, 2016.
- S Xu*, S Joseph*, H Zhang, J Lou, Y Lu "Controllable high-throughput fabrication of porous gold nanorods driven by Rayleigh instability" RSC Advances, 6, 66484-66489, 2016.
- G Dai, B Wang, S Xu, Y Lu, Y Shen "Side-to-side cold welding for controllable nanogap formation from “dumbbell” ultrathin gold nanorods" ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 8 (21), 13506–13511, 2016.
- A Banerjee, C Jiang, L Lohiya, Y Yang, Y Lu "Fracto-emission in Lanthanum-based metallic glass microwires under quasi-static tensile loading" Journal of Applied Physics, 119, 155102, 2016.
- L Gao, S Xu, C Xue, Z Hai, D Sun, Y Lu "Self-assembly of hierarchical 3D starfish-like Co3O4 nanowire bundles on nickel foam for high-performance supercapacitor" Journal of Nanoparticle Research, 18:112, 2016.
- MK Habibi, L-h Tam, D Lau, Y Lu “Viscoelastic Damping Behavior of Structural Bamboo Material and its Microstructural Origins” Mechanics of Materials, 97, 184-198, 2016.
- C Jiang, D Hu, Y Lu “Digital Micromirror Device (DMD)-Based High-Cycle Torsional Fatigue Testing Micromachine for 1D Nanomaterials” Micromachines, 7, 49, 2016.
- Y Liu*, X Liu*, Y Zhan, H Fan, Y Lu “Copper nanocoils synthesized through solvothermal method” Scientific Reports, 5, 16879, 2015.
- MK Habibi, AT Samaei, B Gheshlaghi, J Lu, Y Lu “Asymmetric flexural behavior from bamboo’s functionally graded hierarchical structure: Underlying mechanisms” Acta Biomaterialia, 16, 178-186, 2015.
- S-P Tsai, DW Howell, Z Huang, H-C Hsiao, Y Lu, KS Matthews, J Lou, SE Bondos "The Effect of Protein Fusions on the Production and Mechanical Properties of Protein-Based Materials” Advanced Functional Materials, 25 (9), 1442-1450, 2015.
- MK Habibi, Y Lu "Crack Propagation in Bamboo's Hierarchical Cellular Structure" Scientific Reports, 4, 5598, 2014.
- Y Lu, J Lou "Quantitative in-situ nanomechanical characterization of metallic nanowires" JOM (Journal of the Minerals, Metals and Materials Society) 63 (9), 35-42, 2011.
- Y Lu, J Song, JY Huang, J Lou "Fracture of Sub-20nm Ultrathin Gold Nanowires" Advanced Functional Materials, 21 (20), 3982-3989, 2011.
- Y Lu, J Song, JY Huang, J Lou "Surface Dislocation Nucleation Mediated Deformation and Ultrahigh Strength in Sub-10nm Gold Nanowires" Nano Research, 4 (12), 1261–1267, 2011.
- Y Lu, C Peng, Y Ganesan, JY Huang, J Lou “Quantitative In Situ TEM Tensile Testing of an Individual Nickel Nanowire” Nanotechnology, 22, 355702, 2011.
- *Z Huang, *Y Lu, R Majithia, J Shah, K Meissner, KS Matthews, SE Bondos, J Lou "Size Dictates Mechanical Properties for Protein Fibers Self-Assembled by the Drosophila Hox Transcription Factor Ultrabithorax" Biomacromolecules, 11, 3644–3653, 2010.
- Y Lu, Y Ganesan, J Lou "A multi-step method for in situ mechanical characterization of 1-D nanostructures using a novel micromechanical device" Experimental Mechanics, 50 (1), 47-54, 2010.
- Y Lu, JY Huang, C Wang, S Sun, J Lou "Cold welding of ultrathin gold nanowires" Nature Nanotechnology, 5 (3), 218-224, 2010.
- Y Lu “A Composite Material Based Panel” US patent filed (application #14881381) 2015
- J Lou, Y Ganesan, Y Lu, C Peng “Novel Micromechanical Devices for In Situ Characterizations of One Dimensional Nanomaterials” (US patent # US 8,058,613 B2) 2011
*** Research Opportunities ***
Two opening positions for PhD or Postdoc in the area of "Electron Microscopy" and "Solid Mechanics" (or other relevant areas) are available for application. Interested applicants please send your inquiry and a complete CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified on 13 September, 2016