||Rice University (USA)
||New Mexico Tech (USA)
||Nanjing University (China)
|2011 – 2012
||Materials Science and Engineering
||Best Poster Paper Award, The 9th International Workshop on Advanced Materials (IWAM9) – in honor of C.T. Liu's life-time contributions to the material advancements
||UGC (Hong Kong) Early Career Award 2013/2014
||Fellowship for NSF Summer Institute on "Materiomics"
||Franz R. and Frances Brotzen Fellowship award, Rice University
||NSF Research Fellow for NSF-Sandia National Institute of Nano Engineering (NINE)
||Best Poster Award, the CONTACT (Consortium for Nanomaterials for Aerospace Commerce and Technology) program annual review meeting
||Jack F. Pollard endowed fellowship in engineering, Rice University
||Best Poster Presentation Award, the 7th LANSCE (Los Alamos Neutron Scattering Center) User Group Meeting, Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Y Lu, J Lou "Gold Nanorod" for "Drug Delivery: Technology and Applications" Encyclopedia of Nanotechnology (ISBN 978-90-481-9750-7), 962-968, Springer, 2012.
- Y Lu, S Ma, BS Majumdar "Elastic Microstrains During Tension and Creep of Superalloys: Results from In Situ Neutron Diffraction" Superalloys 2008 (ISBN: 978-0-87339-728-5), 553-562, TMS publications, 2008.
- A Banerjee, C Jiang, L Lohiya, Y Yang, Y Lu "Fracto-emission in Lanthanum-based metallic glass microwires under quasi-static tensile loading" Journal of Applied Physics, 119, 155102, 2016.
- L Gao, S Xu, C Xue, Z Hai, D Sun, Y Lu "Self-assembly of hierarchical 3D starfish-like Co3O4 nanowire bundles on nickel foam for high-performance supercapacitor" Journal of Nanoparticle Research, 18:112, 2016.
- MK Habibi, L-h Tam, D Lau, Y Lu “Viscoelastic Damping Behavior of Structural Bamboo Material and its Microstructural Origins” Mechanics of Materials, 97, 184-198, 2016.
- C Jiang, D Hu, Y Lu “Digital Micromirror Device (DMD)-Based High-Cycle Torsional Fatigue Testing Micromachine for 1D Nanomaterials” Micromachines 7, 49, 2016.
- Y Liu*, X Liu*, Y Zhan, H Fan, Y Lu “Copper nanocoils synthesized through solvothermal method” Scientific Reports, 5, 16879, 2015.
- J Xu*, C Wang*, J Liu, S Xu, W Zhang, Y Lu “Facile fabrication of a novel nanoporous Au/AgO composite for electrochemical double-layer capacitor” RSC Advances, 5 (49), 38995-39002, 2015.
- MK Habibi, AT Samaei, B Gheshlaghi, J Lu, Y Lu “Asymmetric flexural behavior from bamboo’s functionally graded hierarchical structure: Underlying mechanisms” Acta Biomaterialia, 16, 178-186, 2015.
- S-P Tsai, DW Howell, Z Huang, H-C Hsiao, Y Lu, KS Matthews, J Lou, SE Bondos "The Effect of Protein Fusions on the Production and Mechanical Properties of Protein-Based Materials” Advanced Functional Materials, 25 (9), 1442-1450, 2015.
- MK Habibi, Y Lu "Crack Propagation in Bamboo's Hierarchical Cellular Structure" Scientific Reports, 4, 5598, 2014.
- Y Lu, J Lou "Quantitative in-situ nanomechanical characterization of metallic nanowires" JOM (Journal of the Minerals, Metals and Materials Society) 63 (9), 35-42, 2011.
- Y Lu, J Song, JY Huang, J Lou "Fracture of Sub-20nm Ultrathin Gold Nanowires" Advanced Functional Materials, 21 (20), 3982-3989, 2011.
- Y Lu, J Song, JY Huang, J Lou "Surface Dislocation Nucleation Mediated Deformation and Ultrahigh Strength in Sub-10nm Gold Nanowires" Nano Research, 4 (12), 1261–1267, 2011.
- Y Lu, C Peng, Y Ganesan, JY Huang, J Lou “Quantitative In Situ TEM Tensile Testing of an Individual Nickel Nanowire” Nanotechnology, 22, 355702, 2011.
- Y Lu, Y Ganesan, J Lou "A multi-step method for in situ mechanical characterization of 1-D nanostructures using a novel micromechanical device" Experimental Mechanics, 50 (1), 47-54, 2010.
- Y Lu, JY Huang, C Wang, S Sun, J Lou "Cold welding of ultrathin gold nanowires" Nature Nanotechnology, 5 (3), 218-224, 2010.
- *Z Huang, *Y Lu, R Majithia, J Shah, K Meissner, KS Matthews, SE Bondos, J Lou "Size Dictates Mechanical Properties for Protein Fibers Self-Assembled by the Drosophila Hox Transcription Factor Ultrabithorax" Biomacromolecules, 11, 3644–3653, 2010 (*authors contributed equally).
*** Research Opportunities ***
Two opening positions for PhD or Postdoc in the area of "Electron Microscopy" and "Solid Mechanics" (or other relevant areas) are available for application. Interested applicants please send your inquiry and a complete CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified on 20 April, 2016