||Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
||Rice University (USA)
||New Mexico Tech (USA)
||Nanjing University (China)
|2017 – present
||Mechanical and Biomedical Engineering
||CityU (Hong Kong)
|2012 – 2017
||Mechanical and Biomedical Engineering
||CityU (Hong Kong)
|2011 – 2012
||Materials Science and Engineering
- Managing Editor, Materials Today (Elsevier 2017- )
- Editorial Board Member, Scientific Reports (Springer Nature, 2017- )
- Lead Guest Editor, Scanning - The Journal of Scanning Microscopies (Wiley & Hindawi, 2016-17)
- Lead Guest Editor, Journal of Nanomaterials (Hindawi, 2015-16)
||Best Poster Paper Award, The 9th International Workshop on Advanced Materials (IWAM9) – in honor of C.T. Liu's life-time contributions to the material advancements
||Best Poster Award, the 11th Cross-Strait Workshop on "Nano Science and Technology" (CSWNST11)
||UGC (Hong Kong) Early Career Award 2013/2014
||Fellowship for NSF Summer Institute on "Materiomics"
||Franz R. and Frances Brotzen Fellowship award, Rice University
||NSF Research Fellow for NSF-Sandia National Institute of Nano Engineering (NINE)
||Best Poster Award, the CONTACT (Consortium for Nanomaterials for Aerospace Commerce and Technology) program annual review meeting
||Jack F. Pollard endowed fellowship in engineering, Rice University
||Best Poster Presentation Award, the 7th LANSCE (Los Alamos Neutron Scattering Center) User Group Meeting, Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Y Lu, S Xu, J Lou "Gold Nanorods" Encyclopedia of Nanotechnology (ISBN 978-94-007-6178-0), 1-9, Springer, 2015.
- Y Lu, S Ma, BS Majumdar "Elastic Microstrains During Tension and Creep of Superalloys: Results from In Situ Neutron Diffraction" Superalloys 2008 (ISBN: 978-0-87339-728-5), 553-562, TMS publications, 2008.
- S Xu*, P Li*, Y Lu "in situ Atomic-Scale Observation of Rayleigh Instability in Ultrathin Gold Nanowires" Nano Research, 2017.
- J Song, L Gao, Y Lu "In Situ Mechanical Characterization of Structural Bamboo Materials under Flexural Bending" Experimental Techniques, 2017.
- W Liao, S Lan, L Gao, H Zhang, S Xu, J Song, X Wang, Y Lu “Nanocrystalline high-entropy alloy (CoCrFeNiAl0.3) thin-film coating by magnetron sputtering” Thin Solid Films, 2017.
- H Zhang, KY Fung, Y Zhuang, K Cao, J Song, A Hu, Y Lu "Fracture of silicon nanowire at ultra-large elastic strain" Acta Mechanica, 2017.
- L Gao, K Cao, H Zhang, P Li, J Song, JU Surjadi, Y Li, D Sun, Y Lu "Rationally designed nickel oxide ravines@iron cobalt-hydroxides with largely enhanced capacitive performance for asymmetric supercapacitor" Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2017.
- P Li*, C Jiang*, S Xu*, Y Zhuang*, L Gao, A Hu, H Wang, Y Lu "in situ Nanomechanical Characterization of Multi-Layer MoS2 Membranes: from Intraplanar to Interplanar Fracture" Nanoscale, 9, 9119-9128, 2017.
- J Song, JU Surjadi, K Cao, D Hu, Y Lu "Fatigue Characterization of Structural Bamboo Materials under Flexural Bending" International Journal of Fatigue, 100, 126–135, 2017.
- L Gao, JU Surjadi, K Cao, H Zhang, P Li, S Xu, C Jiang, J Song, D Sun, Y Lu "Flexible fiber-shaped supercapacitor based on nickel-cobalt double hydroxide and pen ink electrodes on metallized carbon fiber" ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 9 (6), 5409–5418, 2017.
- H Zhang, C Jiang, Y Lu "Low-cycle fatigue testing of Ni Nanowires based on a micro-mechanical device" Experimental Mechanics 57(3), 495-500, 2017.
- X Liu, Y Liu, B Jin, Y Lu, J Lu "Microstructure evolution and mechanical properties of SMATed Mg alloy under in situ SEM tensile testing" Journal of Materials Science & Technology 33 (3), 224–230, 2017.
- H Zhang, J Tersoff, S Xu, H Chen, Q Zhang, K Zhang, Y Yang, C-S Lee, K-N Tu, J Li, Y Lu "Approaching the ideal elastic strain limit in silicon nanowires" Science Advances, 2: e1501382, 2016.
- X Liu, K Wu, G Wu, Y Gao, L Zhu, Y Lu, J Lu "High strength and high ductility copper obtained by topologically controlled planar heterogeneous structures" Scripta Materialia 124, 103–107, 2016.
- S Xu*, S Joseph*, H Zhang, J Lou, Y Lu "Controllable high-throughput fabrication of porous gold nanorods driven by Rayleigh instability" RSC Advances, 6, 66484-66489, 2016.
- G Dai, B Wang, S Xu, Y Lu, Y Shen "Side-to-side cold welding for controllable nanogap formation from “dumbbell” ultrathin gold nanorods" ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 8 (21), 13506–13511, 2016.
- MK Habibi, LH Tam, D Lau, Y Lu “Viscoelastic Damping Behavior of Structural Bamboo Material and its Microstructural Origins” Mechanics of Materials, 97, 184-198, 2016.
- A Banerjee, C Jiang, L Lohiya, Y Yang, Y Lu "Fracto-emission in Lanthanum-based metallic glass microwires under quasi-static tensile loading" Journal of Applied Physics, 119, 155102, 2016.
- MK Habibi, AT Samaei, B Gheshlaghi, J Lu, Y Lu “Asymmetric flexural behavior from bamboo’s functionally graded hierarchical structure: Underlying mechanisms” Acta Biomaterialia, 16, 178-186, 2015.
- MK Habibi, Y Lu "Crack Propagation in Bamboo's Hierarchical Cellular Structure" Scientific Reports, 4, 5598, 2014.
- Y Lu, J Song, JY Huang, J Lou "Fracture of Sub-20nm Ultrathin Gold Nanowires" Advanced Functional Materials, 21 (20), 3982-3989, 2011.
- Y Lu, J Song, JY Huang, J Lou "Surface Dislocation Nucleation Mediated Deformation and Ultrahigh Strength in Sub-10nm Gold Nanowires" Nano Research, 4 (12), 1261–1267, 2011.
- Y Lu, C Peng, Y Ganesan, JY Huang, J Lou “Quantitative In Situ TEM Tensile Testing of an Individual Nickel Nanowire” Nanotechnology, 22, 355702, 2011.
- Z Huang*, Y Lu*, R Majithia, J Shah, K Meissner, KS Matthews, SE Bondos, J Lou "Size Dictates Mechanical Properties for Protein Fibers Self-Assembled by the Drosophila Hox Transcription Factor Ultrabithorax" Biomacromolecules, 11, 3644–3653, 2010.
- Y Lu, JY Huang, C Wang, S Sun, J Lou "Cold welding of ultrathin gold nanowires" Nature Nanotechnology, 5 (3), 218-224, 2010.
- Y Lu, Y Ganesan, J Lou "A multi-step method for in situ mechanical characterization of 1-D nanostructures using a novel micromechanical device" Experimental Mechanics, 50 (1), 47-54, 2010.
- Y Lu, J Song “A Composite Material Composition and a Method of Forming a Composite Material Composition” US patent filed (application #15399006) 2016.
- Y Lu, W Liao “High Entropy Alloy Thin Film Coating and Method For Preparing the Same” US patent filed (application #15426164) 2016.
- Y Lu “A Composite Material Based Panel” US patent filed (application #14881381) 2015.
- J Lou, Y Ganesan, Y Lu, C Peng “Novel Micromechanical Devices for In Situ Characterizations of One Dimensional Nanomaterials” (US patent # US 8,058,613 B2) 2011.
*** Research Opportunities ***
Two opening positions for PhD or Postdoc in the area of "Electron Microscopy" and "Solid Mechanics" (or other relevant areas) are available for application. Interested applicants please send your inquiry and a complete CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified on 9 August, 2017