||BS in Aerospace Engineering
||Univ. of Southern Cal., USA
||MS in Aerospace Engineering
||Univ. of Southern Cal., USA
||PhD in Aerospace Engineering
|2011 - present
||Dept. of Mechanical and Biomedical Eng.
||City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
|1997 - 2011
||Dept. of Mechanical and Automation Eng.
||The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
|1995 - 1997
||NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
||Pasadena, California, USA
||Silicon Microstructures Inc.
||Fremont, California, USA
|1987 - 1995
||The Aerospace Corporation
||El Segundo, California, USA
(for comprehensive list see www.wenjungli.org)
- 1000 Talents Awardee, Zhejiang Province (浙江省千人計劃), 2012
- ASME Fellow, elected in October 2011
- IEEE Fellow, elected in November 2010
- 100 Talents Awardee (百人計劃; Distinguished Overseas Scholar), Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2004
- VP of IEEE Nanotechnology Council, elected in 2010 (to serve 2011-2013 term)
- General Chair, 2014 IEEE Int. Conf. on Nano/Micro Engineered and Molecular Systems, Hawaii, USA
- General Chair, 2007 IEEE Conference on Nanotechnology, Hong Kong, HKSAR
- General Chair, 2005 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Biomimetics, Hong Kong, HKSAR
- Vice-Chancellor’s Exemplary Teaching Award 2006, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Winner, Best Conference Video Award, 2011 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Biomimetics (IEEE-ROBIO 2011), Phuket, Thailand.
- Winner, Best Student Paper, 2007 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Biomimetics (IEEE-ROBIO 2007), Sanya, China.
- Winner, Best Conference Paper, 2007 IEEE/ASME Int. Conf. on Advanced Mechatronics (IEEE/ASME AIM 2007), Zurich, Switzerland.
- Winner, Best Conference Paper, Finalist, Best Student Paper; Finalist, Ben Wegbreit Best Manipulation Paper; at the 2003 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (IEEE-ICRA 2003), Taipei, Taiwan.
Other Academic Affiliations
- Affiliated Professor, Shenyang Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2006-present.
- Adjunct Professor, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2011-present.
- Adjunct Professor, Hong Kong Polytechnic University (Dept. of Health Technology and Informatics), Sept 2008 to June 2010.
- Guest Professor, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 2009-present.
- Guest Professor, Peking University, 2008-present.
- Guest Professor, Beijing Institute of Technology, 2006 to 2008.
(for comprehensive list see www.wenjungli.org)
- Editor-in-Chief, IEEE Nanotechnology Magazine, appointed in 2006 (served from 2007 to present).
- Associate Editor, Journal of Micro-Bio Robotics, Springer, USA/Germany, 2012-present.
- Member of Editorial Board, Micromachines, MDPI, Switzerland, an open access journal, 2011 to present.
(For full publication list, please visit: http://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=22F6Eq4AAAAJ&view_op=list_works)
- Na Liu, Wenfeng Liang, John D. Mai, Lianqing Liu, Gwo-Bin Lee, Wen J. Li, "Rapid Fabrication of Nanomaterial Electrodes Using Digitally-Controlled Electrokinetics", IEEE Trans. on Nanotechnology, accepted, November 2013.
- Na Liua, Wenfeng Liang, Lianqing Liu, Yuechao Wang, John D. Mai, Gwo-Bin Lee, and Wen J. Li, "Extracellular-controlled Breast Cancer Cell Formation and Growth Using Non-UV Patterned Hydrogels via Optically-induced Electrokinetics", Lab on a Chip, DOI: 10.1039/C3LC51247A (Method), published online on November 2013.
- CH Wang, YH Lee, HT Kuo, WF Liang, WJ Li, GB Lee, “Dielectrophoretically-assisted electroporation using light-activated virtual microelectrodes for multiple DNA transfection”, Lab on a Chip, 2014 Feb 7;14(3):592-601. doi: 10.1039/c3lc51102b. Epub 2013 Dec 9.
- Yuliang Zhao, Wenfeng Liang, Guanglie Zhang, John D. Mai, Lianqing Liu, Gwo-Bin Lee, and Wen Jung Li, "Distinguishing Cells by Their First-Order Transient Motion Response under an Optically-Induced Dielectrophoretic Force Field”, Applied Physics Letters, 103, 183702.
- Feifei Wang, Haibo Yu, Na Liu, John D. Mai, Lianqing Liu, Gwo-Bin Lee, and Wen Jung Li, “Non-UV-based Patterning of Polymer Structures by Optically-Induced Electrohydrodynamic Instability”, Applied Physics Letters, 103 (21), 214101.
- Mengxing Ouyang, Wing Ki Cheung, Wenfeng Liang,, John D. Mai, Wing Keung Liu, and Wen J. Li, “Inducing Self-Rotation of Cells with Natural and Artificial Melanin in a Linear AC Electric Field”, Biomicrofluidics, 7 (5), 054112.
- Feifei Wang, Haibo Yu, Wenfeng Liang, Lianqing Li, John. D. Mai, Gwo-Bin Lee, and Wen Jung Li, “Optically-Induced Electrohydrodynamic Instability Based Micro-Patterning of Thin-Films”, Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, published online October 2013 (MANO-D-13-00180).
- Long-Ho Chau, Wenfeng Liang, Florence Wing Ki Cheung, Wing Keung Liu, Wen Jung Li, Shih-Chi Chen and Gwo-Bin Lee, "Self-Rotation of Cells in an Irrotational AC E-Field in an Opto-electrokinetics Chip", PLOS ONE, 8 (1), e51577.
- Guanglie Zhang, Mengxing Ouyang, John D. Mai, Wen J. Li, and Wing Keung Liu, "Automated Rotation-Rate Tracking of Pigmented Cells by a Customized Block Matching Algorithm", JALA - Journal of the Association for Laboratory Automation, accepted, November 2012 (published online before print on November 27, 2012, doi: 10.1177/2211068212468582).
- Haibo Yu, Sascha Hermann, Stefan E. Schulz, Thomas Gessner, Zaili Dong, Wen J. Li, "Optimizing sonication parameters for dispersion of single-walled carbon nanotubes", Chemical Physics, vol. 408, pp. 11-16, October 2012.
- W Liang, S Wang, Z Dong, GB Lee, WJ Li, "Optical Spectrum and Electric Field Waveform Dependent Optically-Induced Dielectrophoretic (ODEP) Micro-Manipulation", Micromachines, 3 (2), 492-508, May 2012.
- M Ouyang, WJ Li, PHW Leong, KW Wong, "Improving Carbon Nanotubes Sensor Time Response and Responsivity Using Constant-Power Activation", IEEE Trans. on Nanotechnology, 11 (3), 624-632, May 2012.
- R.Z. Xu, S.L. Zhou, W.J. Li, "MEMS Accelerometer Based Nonspecific-User Hand Gesture Recognition", IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 12, no. 5 pp. 1166-1173, May 2012. (Top 25 downloaded papers in April, May, June, July and September of 2012 of the IEEE Sensor Journal since its inception in 2001, i.e., out of more than 1000 papers.)
- Peng Xiao, Wen J. Li, and Ruxu Du, "Micro Bubble Generation Using Carbon Nanotubes Heating Elements", IEEE Trans. on Nanotechnology, vol. 99, doi: 10.1109/TNANO.2010.2050004, May 17, 2010. (Featured on the cover of IEEE Trans. on Nanotechnology.)
- Winnie W. Y. Chow, Y. L. Qu, W. J. Li and Steve C. H. Tung, "Integrated SWCNT sensors in micro-wind tunnel for air-flow shear-stress measurement", Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, vol. 8, pp. 631-640, 2010.
- S. C. L. Yuen, J. M. H. Lee, W. J. Li and Philip H. W. Leong, “An AA-sized vibration-based microgenerator for wireless sensors", IEEE Pervasive Computing, vol. 6, pp. 64-72, 2007. (2 journal and 3 conference papers related to this work has been collectively cited over 300 times.)
- Winnie W. Y. Chow, K. F. Lei, G. Y. Shi, W. J. Li, and Q. Huang, "Microfluidic channel fabrication by PDMS-interface bonding", Journal of Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 15, pp. 112-116, August 2006. (Downloaded over 500 times in 2006 -- top 3% of all papers published by the Journal of Smart Materials and Structures Institute of Physics.)
- Rosa H. M. Chan, Carmen K. M. Fung and W. J. Li, "Rapid assembly of carbon nanotubes for nanosensing by dielectrophoretic force", Nanotechnology, vol. 15, pp. 672-677, 2004. (Downloaded over 250 times within 2 months of publication in 2004 -- top 10% of all articles published by Nanotechnology, Institute of Physics.)
- Carmen K. M. Fung, Victor T. S. Wong, Rosa H. M. Chan and W. J. Li, "Dielectrophoretic batch fabrication of bundled carbon nanotube thermal sensors", IEEE Trans. on Nanotechnology, vol. 3, pp. 395-403, 2004.
- W. L. Zhou, H. Y. Chan, Tony K. H. To, King W. C. Lai and W. J. Li, "Polymer MEMS actuators for underwater micromanipulation," IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, vol. 9, pp. 334-342, 2004. (Google citations: 77 times.)
Last modified on 2 January, 2014