Dr. SHI, Peng
BS(WHU), MS(UIC), M.Phil. (Columbia), Ph.D. (Columbia)
- Neural Engineering
- High-throughput Screening
- Single Cell Based Analysis
- Biological Application of Micro/Nano Systems
||Biomedical Engineering, Columbia University, US, 2009
||Biomedical Engineering, Columbia University, US, 2006
||Bioengineering, University of Illinois at Chicago, US, 2004
||Electrical Engineering, Wuhan University, China, 2002
- Jan 2010 - Oct 2011
Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Electrical Engineering, MIT, US
Awards and Honors
- Simons Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship (2010-2011)
- Outstanding Abstract Award, Biomedical Engineering Society Annual Meeting (2009)
- Chinese Overseas Student and Scholar Entrepreneurship Competition, Finalist (2008)
- S. Nedelec, M. Peljto, P. Shi, M.W. Amoroso, L.C. Kam, H. Wichterle. "Differential requirement for local protein synthesis in motor neuron subtype specific response to axon guidance cues". Journal of Neuroscience. 2011 (under review).
- P. Shi, M.A. Scott, B. Ghosh, D. Wan, Z.Wissner-Gross, R. Mazitschek, S. Haggarty, M.F. Yanik. "Synapse microarrays: identification of small-molecules that enhance synaptogenesis". Nature Communications. doi:10.1038/ncomms1518, 2011.
- T. Chang, M. Huang, A. A. Yanik, H. Tsai, P. Shi, S. Aksu, M. F. Yanik, H. Altug."Large-scale plasmonic microarrays for label-free high-throughput screening". Lab on a Chip. 11: 3596-3602, 2011 (Front cover of this issue).
- N. Lei, S. Ramarkrishnan, P. Shi, J Orcutt, L. Kam, K. Shepard. "High-resolution extracellular stimulation of dispersed hippocampal culture with high-density CMOS multielectrode array based on non-Faradaic electrodes", Journal of Neural Engineering, 8(4) 044003, 2011.
- P. Shi, S. Nedelec, H. Wichterle, L. Kam, "Combined microfluidics / protein patterning platform for pharmalogical intervention of axon pathfinding". Lab on a Chip. 10(8): 1005-10, 2010.
- P. Shi, K. Shen, S. Ghassemi, J. Hone, L. Kam, "Dynamic force generation by Neural Stem Cells". Cellular and Molecular Bioengineering, 2 (4): 464-474, 2009. (Outstanding paper from 2009 BMES annual meeting, selected as cover story for this issue).
- K. Shen, J. Tsai, P. Shi, L. Kam. "Self-aligned supported lipid bilayers for patterning cell-substrate interface". Journal of American Chemical Society. 131(37):13204-5, 2009.
- P. Shi, K. Shen, L. Kam. "Local presentation of L1 and N-cadherin in multicomponent, microscale patterns differentially direct neuron function in vitro". Developmental Neurobiology. 67(13):1765-76, 2007.
- P. Shi, H. Chen, M.R. Cho, M.A. Stroscio. "Peptide-directed binding of quantum dots to integrins in human fibroblast". IEEE Trans Nanobioscience. 5(1):15-9, 2006.
- D. Alexson, H. Chen, M. Cho, M. Dutta, Y. Li, P. Shi, A. Raichura, D. Ramadurai, S. Parikh, M.A. Stroscio, M. Vasudev, "Semiconductor nanostructures in biological applications", Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter.17: 637-656, 2005.
- M.A. Stroscio, M. Dutta, D. Ramadurai, P. Shi. Y. Li, M. Vasudev, D. Alexson, B. Kohanpour, A. Sethuraman, V. Saini, A. Raichura, J. Yang, "Optical and electrical properties of colloidal quantum dots in electrolytic environments: using biomolecular links in chemically-directed assembly of quantum dot networks". Journal of Computational Electronics. 4: 21-25, 2005.
- D. Ramadurai, B. Kohanpour, D. Alexson, P. Shi, A. Sethuraman, Y. Li, V. Saini, M. Dutta, M. A. Stroscio, "Tunable optical properties of colloidal quantum dots in electrolytic environments". IEE Proceedings in Nanobiotechnology. 151: 189-192, 2004.
- D. Alexson, Y. Li, D. Ramadurai, P. Shi, L. George, M. Uddin, P. Thomas, S. Rufo, M. Dutta, M.A. Stroscio, "Binding of semiconductor quantum dots to cellular integrins", IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology. 3: 86-92, 2004.
- N. Lei, S. Ramakrishnan1, P. Shi, J. Orcutt, L. Kam, and K. Shepard, "Neural Stimulation at Single-Cell Resolution on an Active CMOS Microarray", Biomedical Engineering Society Annual Meeting. Hartford, October 2011.
- N. Lei, S. Ramakrishnan, P. Shi, J Orcutt, R. Yuste, L. Kam, K. Shepard, "An Electrically-Stimulate Optically-Record Microsystem Based on Active CMOS Multi-Electrode Array for Dissociated Cell Cultures", IEEE/NIH Life Science Systems and Applications Workshop (LiSSA) 2011.
- P. Shi and L. Kam, "Force Generation by Neural Stem Cells Correlates with Differentiation", Biomedical Engineering Society Annual Meeting. Pittsburgh, October 2009.
- P. Shi and L. Kam, "Dynamic force generation by neural stem cell", Society for Biomaterials 2009 Annual Meeting, San Antonio, April 2009.
- P. Shi and L. Kam, "Potential application of elastomer micropillar to neural stem cells", NIH-Columbia Nanomedicine Center Regular Meeting. New York, January 2008.
- P. Shi and L. Kam, "Induction of presynaptic complexes by microscale patterns of neuroligin", Material Research Society Fall Meeting. Boston, November 2007.
- P. Shi and L. Kam, "Multicomponent, biomolecularly-inspired surfaces for advanced guidance of neurons", AVS 54th International Symposium and Exhibition. Seattle, October 2007.
- P. Shi and L. Kam, "Local presentation of L1 and N-cadherin in multicomponent, microscale patterns differentially direct neuron function in vitro", Biomedical Engineering Society Annual Meeting. Los Angeles, September 2007.
- P. Shi, K. Shen, L. Kam, "Directed attachment and outgrowth of neurons on protein-micropatterned surfaces." Neural Interface Workshop. Bethesda, September 2005.
Last modified on 11 October, 2016