Borrowing of Media Resources from the HKBU Library
Borrowing of media resources out of the libraries for teaching purposes
between Hong Kong Baptist University Library and City University of Hong Kong
In order to facilitate the sharing of media resources for teaching purposes
between the two libraries, the following arrangement is worked out to
enable academic staff of both Universities to borrow media resources from
- Eligible users for the service will be the JULAC Library Card holders
(staff) issued by the two libraries.
- Loans would only be made upon presentation of valid JULAC Library Card
in person. For DVDs, VCDs, CDs, and kits that are kept in the Media Resources Collection Room, check out the items at the Circulation Counter during counter service hours. For other media resources that are kept at the Shatin Storage, request them online and pick up at the Circulation Counter after receiving the pickup notice via email.
- All returns must be made in person to the Circulation Counter during counter service hours. DO NOT return media items to any library book drop.
- Loan quotas and loan periods*: Loan quotas and loan periods
will follow the regulations and rules set out by the respective libraries
governing loans to JULAC Library Card holders and rules related to media
- All regulations and rules related to overdue fines as well as loss and
damage of library materials of the respective libraries will apply to these
* The current loan quotas and loan periods of both libraries are as follows:
Hong Kong Baptist University Library:
|Type of media resources in MLC
|All types of media resources
|HK TV Program Collection, microforms
||No loan out of the library
# JULAC Library Card holders have a maximum loan quota of 10 items for media resources.
City University of Hong Kong Library:
|Type of media resources
|Microforms, HK TV programmes
## JULAC Library Card holders have a maximum loan quota of 10
items, which includes media resources and books.