FAQ - Access to Collections and Services

Who may use the CityU Library?

  • Students and staff of the CityU, CityU alumni who hold valid Alumni Library Tickets, Joint University Librarians Advisory Committee (JULAC) Card holders, Friends of the Library Card holders, spouses of full-time staff members as well as other persons approved by the Librarian for a specified period or purpose.
  • For further details, please refer to the Library Regulations on Admission to the Library

I am not affiliated with the CityU, can I come in to use the Library?

As a university library our primary focus has always been on closely supporting the teaching and learning activities of the City University of Hong Kong. However, non-CityU members who meet the application requirements may consider applying for a “Friends of the Library” membership. For details, please refer to the Friends of the Library web page (http://www.cityu.edu.hk/lib/service/fol/)

I am a graduate of the CityU, can I use the Library?

Yes, the Library has provided a series of Alumni Library Services for you to choose. Please visit our Alumni Library Services web page for details.

Can I access other UGC Libraries?

  • The following categories of users can apply for the Joint University Librarians Advisory Committee (JULAC) Library Cards to use the facilities of libraries of the other participating UGC institutions:
    • Full-time academic and equivalent administrative staff as well as research assistants
    • Postgraduate students of programmes leading to CityU awards*
    • UGC-funded undergraduate degree students*

    * Excluding outside HK or visiting students

  • With the exception of undergraduate degree students, borrowing privileges are provided.