Online Teaching and Learning Studios 線上教與學工作室
In view of demands from teaching staff to conduct online teaching, and students’ online learning needs, the Library promptly launched a new service “Online Teaching and Learning Studio” in Mar 2020. Within our studios, we strive to provide an undisturbed and cozy environment with AV equipped computers/TVs, in order to facilitate users in:
- Producing Video Lectures
- Delivering Live Classes
- Conducting Online Tutorials and Discussions
- Hosting or participating Video Conferences using Zoom
Venues (with Floor Plan) and Equipment
Currently, 5 Group Study Rooms located in the Humanities Academy have been equipped with additional notebook computers, webcams and headphones for adapting into Online Teaching and Learning Studios. As such, the rooms are now ready and fit for online teaching and learning. The three room nos. are 1001, 1002 and 1003.
|Room Details (Floor Plan)
||Online Teaching and Learning Studio
|All studios are under CCTV surveillance.
- A notebook computer with built-in webcam & microphone and LAN connection
- A 55" LED TV which can be used as a second monitor
- An additional notebook computer (upon request)
- A full HD webcam with omnidirectional microphone (upon request)
- A headphone (upon request)
- Wireless LAN (Wi-Fi)
|Mon – Fri:
||9:00 am – 12:00 noon
||1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
N.B. Please take note of the Days Closed Schedule of the Library
Booking the Studios
Staff and students are eligible to use the Online Teaching and Learning Studios during the aforesaid service hours. Users can make advance bookings, check, and cancel their reservations via the Studio Booking System.
Accessing the Studio Booking System
Booking Policy and Procedures
- At most 4 users are allowed to stay in the studio.
- The Library reserves the right to forfeit any booked sessions for studios that are not occupied by the principal user who makes the actual booking.
- Each user will be allowed to book a maximum of 2 sessions within a week (Mon - Fri). Also, a user cannot book more than one room for the same session.
- All available sessions are reserved on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Reservations can be made 5 days in advance.
- The first and second session spans 3 and 4 hours, which starts at 9:00 am and 1:00 pm sharp respectively.
- No quota will be deducted from the users' accounts for the Group Study Room service.
- Users must observe and strictly follow the check-in and check-out procedures for the studio. Otherwise, the principal user who makes the actual booking will be liable to any damage done to the equipment or furniture inside the studios.
- Equipment failure or furniture damage must be reported to the IT Help Desk immediately during the IT Help Desk's service hours. Users can make use of the IP Phone inside the studios to connect to the IT Help Desk.
Check-in and Check-out Procedures
- Users should get a dedicated smartcard at the IT Help desk counter and place the smartcard over the access control system outside the studio to access.
- When the booked sessions have expired, users are required to turn off the lights of the studios, return the equipment and furniture to its original setting and lock the studios. Users should return the dedicated smartcard to the IT Help desk and get back their personal smartcard.
- It is important that users must lock the studio after use so that they are completely signed off. The principal user who makes the actual booking will be held liable for damage done to the equipment or furniture inside the studio if the studio is unlocked after use.
Regulations and Precautionary Reminders
- Users should wear masks at all times whenever possible. Alcohol sprays are available at the IT Help desk, and users are encouraged to clean equipment before use.
- Please remove all personal belongings from the Online Teaching and Learning Studios after use. Library staff members will remove any personal belongings left behind. No prior notice will be given.
- Do not leave any valuables in the Online Teaching and Learning Studios when you are away from the studio. The Library is not responsible for any loss of personal property.
- Do not lock in the Online Teaching and Learning Studios any library books that have not been borrowed or any in-house use materials (e.g. reference books, journals, newspapers, etc.). Library staff have the right to remove any library materials found in the studios.
- Any damage / disorder of furniture or fixtures in the Online Teaching and Learning Studios should be reported to the IT Help Desk at once. In case of misuse or negligence, users will be held responsible for the total cost incurred for repair or replacement.
- The Online Teaching and Learning Studios are strictly for academic use only.
- Do not eat or drink inside the Online Teaching and Learning Studios.
- Do not cover the window screens on the studios.
- The Online Teaching and Learning Studios should be kept clean and tidy at all times. Please dispose of any rubbish, old newspapers, used tissue papers and alike properly.
- Noise must be kept to the lowest possible level.
- Users should not transfer the booking or usage to other university members or outsiders.
- Please observe Library Regulations at all times.
Important Notes to Users
- The Library reserves the right to inspect the studios even when in use.
- The Library reserves the right to refuse lending the studios to any user who fails to observe the rules and regulations.
- The Library has the final say on how to allocate the studios should there be any arguments among/from the users.
- During revision and examination periods, the Library reserves the right to open the studios and convert them into temporary study areas.
- All studios are under CCTV surveillance.
Suggestions and Enquiries
Please contact Library's IT Help Desk.