Policies and Rules for Reserving 3D Scanners & Workstations/VR Services
- All available time slots are reserved on a first come, first served basis
- You can reserve a time slot three days in advance, or four days ahead if on Friday.
- Each reserved session is one hour long. All sessions start at every hour sharp, e.g. 09:00, 19:00.
- The total number of time slots that can be reserved at any one time is limited to four.
- Each student will be given an annual reservation quota of 25 hours. Extra reservation hours will be given to students subject to the approval of their course/project supervisors.
- Reservation system access will be denied if your Electronic ID has expired.
- A reserved time slot cannot be shared or transferred among students.
- Booking hours are from 09:00 to 22:00 every day.
- For 3D scanning services, a user with valid reservation who shows up within the first 15 minutes has the right to request another user who is using the reserved scanner to end the tasks and log out.
- If you reserve a 3D scanner or VR service, you must show up within the first 15 minutes. Otherwise, the reservation will automatically become invalid. The 3D scanner and workstations will be released to another user on a first-come-first-served basis and you will not be able to reclaim the scanner as mentioned in point 9. However, for VR service, the booking hours will not be forfeited by other users and the reservation will also be invalid.
- Despite the booking system, occupying scanner, seat and CAVE with unattended properties (including library books) for more than 30 minutes* will still be considered as improper reservation. As such, the new user can seek help from Library staff at respective counter to log out the workstation concerned. Users should NEVER logout workstations occupied by others themselves.
*Over 60 minutes from 12:00 to 13:30