The tuition fee for non-local students are HK$140,000 (US$18,000) in the 2019-20 academic year. The tuition fee may increase if there are changes to the tuition fee set by the Hong Kong SAR Government.
|Rough estimate of the yearly cost of studying at CityU|
|Expenses||On Campus Accommodation Amount1||Off-campus Accommodation|
|Living costs (meals, transport, laundry, and education expenses for books, stationery, etc.)3||HKD$36,000||HKD$36,000|
|Total cost per academic year||HKD$191,400 (~US$24,575)||HKD$221,000-231,000|
1. Priority will be given to non-local students during the first two years of study.
2. Tuition fee for 2019-20. For the latest information, please refer to www.cityu.edu.hk.
3. Actual costs will vary depending on lifestyle choices. Students may also need to budget for overseas exchanges, summer study tours and emergency medical expenses, etc.
4. Residence fee for a double room at the Student Residence on campus. All fees are subject to annual review.
5. Estimated costs for private renting.