The tuition fee for non-local students is HKD145,000 (USD18,500) in the 2023-24 academic year. The tuition fee may increase if there are changes to the tuition fee set by the Hong Kong SAR Government.
|Rough estimate of the yearly cost of studying at CityU|
|Expenses||On Campus Accommodation Amount1||Off-campus Accommodation|
|Living costs (meals, transport, laundry, and education expenses for books, stationery, etc.)3||HKD36,000||HKD36,000|
|Total cost per academic year||HKD197,800 (~USD25,200)||HKD226,000-236,000|
1. Priority will be given to non-local students during the first two years of study.
2. Tuition fee for 2023-24. For the latest information, please refer to https://www.cityu.edu.hk/fo/htm/Degree_Fees.htm.
3. Actual costs will vary depending on lifestyle choices. Students may also need to budget for overseas exchanges, summer study tours and emergency medical expenses, etc.
4. Residence fee for a double room at the Student Residence on campus. All fees are subject to annual review.
5. Estimated costs for private renting.