Associate Director of Computing Services (Infrastructure) in the Computing Services Centre [Ref. D/210/09]
Reporting to the Director of Computing Services, the appointee will lead two sections of about 40 IT professionals in managing computing resources and communication infrastructure for administrative, teaching, learning, and research purposes. S/he will work on data centre modernization, HPC setup, Smart Campus, IoT, and Cloud Computing projects, and will have opportunity to work with other professionals in higher education sector in the region. The main duties include to:
- Plan, design, implement, and manage IT Operation Management with the ITIL framework;
- Design and manage Configuration Management Database (CMDB);
- Define KPIs and build performance and operational dashboards;
- Monitor, track, and take proactive actions to enhance service levels;
- Assist in Incident Management;
- Maintain Standard Operating Procedures;
- Enhance data centre design and cloud architecture;
- Serve as ex-officio member of the Change Advisory Board to perform risk assessment;
- Implement software-defined technologies in both networking and hosting;
- Implement DevOps model with the use of SCM, IaC, CI/CD and testing tools for infrastructure deployment, operation, and control;
- Set-up container-based hosting environment;
- Work with application teams to ensure easy scale-out architecture and secured infrastructure;
- Work with the Campus Development Office to design and setup necessary IT infrastructure in the new Greater Bay Area campus; and
- Work with the Facilities Management Office to implement necessary IoT sensors and devices and enhance campus and building management.
- A good honours degree in IT related disciplines, with at least 12 years' relevant experience at senior management level in sizable organizations;
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and operate outside the comfort zone of established methods and procedures, and to gain respect and credibility at all levels both inside and outside the IT organization;
- Be fully conversant with current and emerging IT development and technologies;
- Broad knowledge of LAN, WAN, Security, voice and video technologies (including switch and routers, DNS, VoIP, firewalls, network load balancers, software-defined storage/network, DCIM);
- Solid experience in virtualization platforms (e.g. Hyper-V and VMware, HCI, SDN) and different cloud providers (e.g. Azure, Google/AWS);
- Strong leadership skills, with ability to lead and inspire IT staff effectively;
- Proactive and independent, with strong sense of ownership and can-do attitude;
- Good problem solving skills, with a detail-oriented mind and determination to success; and
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese (including Putonghua) as well as excellent interpersonal skills with both internal and external stakeholders.
(Those who have responded to the previous advertisement need not re-apply.)
Salary and Conditions of Service
Remuneration package will be highly competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Initial appointment will be made on a fixed-term contract; fringe benefits include gratuity, leave, medical and dental schemes.
Information and Application
Further information on the post and the University is available at http://www.cityu.edu.hk, or from the Human Resources Office, City University of Hong Kong, Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong [Email : firstname.lastname@example.org/Fax : 2788 1154 or 3442 0311].
City University of Hong Kong is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to the principle of diversity. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes.
Worldwide recognition ranking 52nd, and 4th among top 50 universities under age 50 (QS survey 2020); 1st in Engineering/Technology/Computer Sciences in Hong Kong (ARWU survey 2016); and 2nd Business School in Asia-Pacific region (UT Dallas survey 2017).