Travel & Medical Insurance

  • All exchange students are required to purchase travel and medical insurance coverage for the entire period of their exchange programme. You must also enrol in any mandatory insurance plan designated by your host university. If no such plan is provided, you must obtain a travel and medical insurance policy from a licensed insurer.
  • Your insurance policy should cover:
    1. Medical expenses (accidents and sickness)
    2. Hospitalization
    3. Personal accidents
    4. Emergency medical evacuation/repatriation
    5. Loss of luggage and personal belongings
    6. Flight delay
    7. Personal liability
  • Bring a copy of your insurance policy with you and leave the original with your family.
  • Retain all receipts and documents relating to any insurance claim you might wish to make, and be prepared to provide them to the insurer.