You will need to bring along the following items:

  • A valid student visa/entry permit adhered to your travel document or the Exit-entry Permit for Travelling to and from Hong Kong and Macao (往來港澳通行證)
  • Your travel document, e.g. passport or the Exit-entry Permit for Travelling to and from Hong Kong and Macao (往來港澳通行證) – valid for at least six months
  • A copy of your acknowledgement of accepting the University’s admission offer which can be printed out from your online application account (in case you may be asked to produce the letter for immigration inspection when entering Hong Kong)
  • A photocopy of your travel and health insurance policy. Leave the original document with your family or next of kin
  • A few extra copies of your travel document and insurance policy in your check-in luggage
  • Your identity card (身份證) and household registration, if available (如有戶籍謄本請一併擕帶), as you may need them to open a bank account
  • If you are going to open a bank account in Hong Kong, the following documents are required:
    • Original and a photocopy of your identity document (e.g. identity card or driver’s licence)
    • Original and a photocopy of your travel document (e.g. passport/Exit-entry Permit for Travelling to and from Hong Kong and Macao (往來港澳通行證))
    • Proof of permanent address in your home country in Chinese or English (e.g. Driver's licence with address, household registration (戶籍謄本), utility bills or bank statements issued in the past 3 months. Some banks may accept the Admission Offer letter issued by CityU with your permanent home address printed in the letter)
    • Proof of Hong Kong residential address (which can be obtained from the Student Residence Office if you are live on campus)
    • Original and a photocopy of your student ID Card (you will get the student ID card after you have completed new student enrolment process)
    • If you are a minor student under the age of 18 (by the time when you apply for the bank account), please note that some banks may accept your application for opening a savings account while some others do not provide banking services to persons under 18 years old. For those banks which accept minor students to open a bank account normally require the presence of the minor student’s parent when opening the bank account. Such requirements vary from one bank to another. Please check with the bank you intend to patronize for details
  • Medications prescribed by your family doctor and a letter from the doctor testifying that the drugs are licensed and prescribed for your personal use due to a health condition
  • Any mobile phone, laptop computer, tablet and IT devices that you will need for school or personal communication
  • Several passport-sized photos
  • A list of useful telephone numbers to call in case you need to seek help
  • Some small souvenirs from home for your new friends in Hong Kong