Cross-Institutional General/Gateway Education (GE) Course Enrollment Scheme for Undergraduate Students
Cross-Institutional Courses Offered by CityU
Information for HKBU undergraduate students taking courses offered by CityU
Courses offered by CityU in Semester A, 2021/22
* For HKBU students who successfully complete the course with a satifactory grade (C-or above), 3 units of the corresponding area at HKBU will be granted for unit transfer.
Application Procedures and Details
- Students are required to fill in an e-application form to the General Education Office (GEO) of HKBU for endorsement. Applicants will be notified through email if their applications are duly received.
- Applications without the home institution's endorsement would not be processed. Student will be informed of the application results by the home institution.
- Application for courses NOT on the above lists will NOT be accepted for processing.
- Students enrolling in a course are required to participate fully in the course, which includes completion of coursework and examinations, if applicable. Students should observe the rules and regulations provided by CityU course registration.
- Courses listed above will be available to HKBU students for enrollment should there be any quota remained after CityU's course registration period.
- Students will be officially registered for the course and are required to participate fully in the course by CityU.
- Successful applicants are advised to apply for a JULAC card from their home institution for access to CityU’s Library.
- Requests for withdrawal from a course should be submitted before 4pm, 6 Sep 2021 directly to CityU with the completed Course Drop Form. Late applications will normally not be entertained. No replacement of courses is allowed after withdrawal of the original course.
Academic Calendar and Examination
- There are normally 13 teaching weeks in a semester and 7 teaching weeks in a summer term. The teaching weeks and examination periods of academic year 2020/21 are as follows:
30 Aug 2021 – 26 Nov 2021
5-17 Dec 2021
9 Jan 2022 – 22 Apr 2022
2-15 May 2022
- Students will be informed of the examination timetable and related details normally one month before the start of examination period by email.
- Study under this Scheme will not lead to a degree or other awards from CityU. Upon completion of courses in each semester, a transcript will be sent to the students via their home institution.