This programme aims to:
- Assist students in developing their English proficiency through the study of and exposure to a wide range of professional and social communicative contexts, locally and internationally.
- Acquaint students with a basic theoretical understanding of the use of English especially in Creative and Cultural industries, and the impact of globalization on the use and manipulation of language within these contexts.
- Equip students with the ability to analyze the use of English in a range of professional and social communicative contexts, especially within creative and cultural industries.
- Develop in students an appreciation for the relationship between communication and culture, bringing an awareness of the roles and rules of language both within and across a range of intercultural and intra-cultural contexts.
- Offer students basic training in the use of language in specific creative professions.
- Develop in students the ability to critically evaluative and reflect on language and issues; build their interpersonal skills and adapt to different professional contexts.