Winner of ELC Scholarships (2017-2018) is:
|WONG Lok Yiu Yoki
The aims of the scholarship are:
- to provide opportunities for competent and dedicated students to engage in English learning activities overseas;
- to reward students for improving their English standard through the use of ELC resources;
- to encourage students to take an active role in the language learning process;
- to recognise the effort students put in to take charge of their own learning.
Value of Scholarships
Three summer scholarships of HKD $40,000 each will be awarded to support the fees for a 4-week summer Exchange Programme organised by City University of Hong Kong in collaboration with Middlesex University (London).
- All Full-time First-Year LOCAL students undertaking UGC-funded DEGREE programmes at City University of Hong Kong (except Advance Standing I & II);
- Applicants must have a 3.0 grade-point average (GPA) or above.
Evidence must be provided by applicants to show outstanding:
- commitment to English language learning;
- progress in English language learning.
The scholarship will be awarded to successful candidates subject to the following conditions:
- The ELC scholarship may be terminated at any time if and when the performance of the recipients is considered by the Selection Committee as unsatisfactory or if they for any reason cease to be a full-time undergraduate / Associate Degree student;
- Successful candidates may be required to serve as English Language Ambassadors to share their successful language learning experiences.
Documents for Application
Interested students should submit their application to the ELC General Office (2/F, Green Zone, AC1).
Application procedure and deadline:
Students who intend to apply for the scholarship must submit their completed applications in hard copy to the General Office of English Language Centre (2/F, Green Zone, AC1) by 17:00 on Feb 20, 2018. Late submissions will NOT be considered. The documents should be placed in the following order:
- Application form;
- ELC : Independent Learning Activity Record and Reflection;
- ELC : ELSS Activity Attendance Record;
- Other Supporting Documents (if any).
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a selection interview to be held on Mar 2, 2018. Candidates failing to attend the selection interview(s) will not be considered.
The selection panel reserves the right to check the originality and authenticity of submitted documents. If any plagiarism or forgery is proved, the applicant will be disqualified immediately.
Handling of Information and Personal Data
The personal data provided in the application forms will only be used for activities related to the processing of the application for the ELC Scholarship.