Frequently Asked Questions for CoP
- Can the expiration date of a CoP be extended?
This is an one-off funding , the project duration cannot be extended.
- When can the PI start recruitment or purchase?
The project implementation can start after the Finance Office has assigned a project account code.
- Is it feasible to raise a request of budget virement (e.g. from “General Expense” to “Staffing”)?
If the Coordinator decides to have a budget virement, he/she should provide the justification and supporting document to the Office of EDGE. EDGE will seek advise from the Panel Chair.
- Is it feasible for the Coordinator to transfer the budget from one CoP to other projects?
Budget transfer among projects is not allowed.
- What is the main concern for the CoP to approve the project changes?
With the spirit of running the approved projects as planned, the UGC emphasizes that the deliverables and the project timeline should be kept unchanged. The PI should provide strong justifications about the proposed changes.
- What should the Coordinator do if there is a change of project team members (e.g. having a new Co-I / budget controller)?
The Coordinator should send a request to the Office of EDGE along with the resume recommended for the budget controller.
- What happens to the on-going CoP when the Coordinator leaves CityU?
PI should approach EDGE for a nomination and endorsement of a new PI in writing.
- If the Coordinator would like to have publication or organize activities (e.g. poster, seminars, etc.), how does the Coordinator acknowledge the funding body?
Please quote "This project is funded by the University Grants Committee's Funding Scheme for Community of Practice (CoP)".