Fast Network Printing - charged service (Guideline for Notebook Computer Users)
(For more information, please refer to Frequently Asked Questions / Policies for this service)
Fast printing service is available in Computing Services Centre for providing fast, high quality Black/White and Color printings. It is a charged service to supplement the existing quota-based printing service with the following purposes:
- Provides self-service printing in both Color and in Black & White;
- Supports high-volume printing at fast speed, and
- Provides low-cost printing when the allocated print quota is used up.
Three high performance printers called "Charge01", "Charge02" & "CMC_Charge01" are used for the service. Two print queues are created for each printer so as to provide optimized settings for Black/White or Color printings.
Printers can be found at the following locations:
- Charge01 (AC2 4/F near CSC Service Counter)
- Charge02 (AC2 5/F near Room 5503)
- CMC_Charge01 (CMC 4/F)
To increase user convenience, we have added this printing service to notebook computers. User can submit their print jobs through the notebooks anywhere.
- as long as they are connected directly to the WLAN within campus
- through VPN (for more information about VPN, please visit http://www.cityu.edu.hk/csc/deptweb/facilities/ctnet/vpn/vpn.htm) from any Wi-fi hotspot of the ISPs
Steps for printing:
- Connect to the print queue for fast printing
- Type \\lblcfps1.ad.cityu.edu.hk in the Windows Explorer and press Enter
- Enter your EID and Password to logon the server (The syntax for the "User name" should be "firstname.lastname@example.org", xxxxxx is your EID) and then click OK
- Select the print queue you want to add, press the right button of the mouse and then choose Connect...
- The print queue for Fast Printing Service will be created on your machine
- Print to the desired print queue in your application (e.g. Microsoft Word)
- Enter Secure Print ID and Password, and then press OK
- Release print jobs at the printer
- Go to the printer you printed to
- Insert Octopus Card
- Press Secure Print User Box
- Input ID (=Secure Print ID) and then press OK
- Input Password and then press OK
- The file of the Secure Print ID you entered will be shown. Select file to print or press Select All to select all files, and then press Print
- Press Start to print
- Remove Octopus Card
Return to Main Print Service page