(revision approved by the Information Strategy and Governance Committee on 16 March 2015)
CSC Student Terminal Area Regulation
- The acceptable and unacceptable use of the facilities at the CSC Teaching Studio Areas and related penalties, if any, are governed by the "Policy on Use of IT Services and Facilities" and additional regulations defined in this document.
- All users of the facilities at the CSC Teaching Studio Areas are subject to regulations defined in this document.
- All users, upon request, must produce appropriate ID cards for inspection by the security guard or the CSC staff on duty.
- A user at the CSC Teaching Studio Areas must:
- use only the workstation he/she has booked through the Computer Reservation System;
- use only his/her own account to book the workstation and use the workstation only for academic work;
- follow the instructions in front of each laser printer and observe best practice/guidelines in related website when using the laser printing service;
- return to the Service Counter all loaned equipment or manuals 15 minutes before the service closing time;
- leave the CSC immediately at its closing time, or at any other time when instructed to do so by the security guard or the CSC staff on duty;
- look after the personal belongings at all times and ensure to bring with him/her all his/her personal belongings including mobile devices, removable storage media, etc. before leaving the CSC;
- practise green IT (e.g. printing hard copy only when absolutely necessary, powering off the workstation after use, etc.), and
- report any malfunction of equipment to the Service Counter for repair.
- A user at the CSC Teaching Studio Areas must not:
- cause any nuisance or disturbance to others (e.g. shouting, singing, playing music or computer game, etc.);
- install, alter, delete, or copy any software on computers provided by CSC;
- allow others to use his/her account(s) and CityU ID card;
- use any equipment for non-academic related work (e.g. printing blank paper, election materials, etc.);
- alter the location and connections of any equipment (e.g. power bar, network cable, monitor, keyboard, mouse, CCTV, etc.);
- connect any device to the equipment in the CSC Teaching Studio Areas without prior approval by CSC;
- in any way deface or damage any equipment, manual, or other property of CSC;
- leave personal belongings unattended at any time;
- eat, drink, or play any form of game, and
- without prior approval from CSC, repair or attempt to repair CSC’s equipment, or alter their hardware or software settings.
- Failure to comply with regulations defined in this document may result in penalties as defined in the "Policy on Use of IT Services and Facilities."
E. Terms and Definitions
- A common set of terms and definitions used in IT Policies are defined in the “Policy on Use of IT Services and Facilities” document.
F. Related Policies and Regulations
- This document is only part of the IT Policies and Regulations. The “Policy on Use of IT Services and Facilities” contains a complete list of other documents in the IT Policies and Regulations.
- The IT Policies and Regulations may be revised from time to time as necessary without prior notice.
G. Contact Information
- For questions about this document, please contact the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) at firstname.lastname@example.org.