Virtual Private Network (VPN) Connection Setup Guide for Windows Vista
This manual shows the procedures to set up a CityU VPN Client running on Windows Vista. You should have the following items before you can establish a VPN connection.
Step 1: Establish your Internet Connection
1. Since you will be using a public Internet connection to establish the CityU VPN connection, you must first apply for your own Internet connection (such as broadband, dial-up, etc.).
2. Follow the instructions provided by your ISP to setup your Internet connection. You may need to purchase and install a network interface card or modem in order to connect to the Internet.
3. Check your Internet connection by logging in with your ISP account. If you cannot access the Internet or having problems in setting your Internet connection, please consult your ISP.
Step 2: Setup the CityU VPN Connection
1. Click the button, select “Network” option from the menu and then click on the "Network and Sharing Centre"
2. and click “Setup a connection or network”:
3. Select “Connect to a workspace” and then click the "Next" button:
4. Select “No, create a new connection” and then “Next” to continue:
5. Click on the “Use my Internet connection (VPN)”:
6. You are now prompted for the name of the VPN Server to which you are connecting. Enter "vpn.cityu.edu.hk" and then press "Next" to continue:
7. Enter the Network Connection Account and password to logon the CityU VPN.
8. Upon successful logon, a secured VPN connection through public network has been established.