IP Phone features
In addition to basic phone features, you can enjoy more sophisticated functions in the IP phone system that is not available in the conventional phone system such as viewing missed calls, searching the Corporate Directory and much more. Below lists some of the features available to users:
To forward all calls to an internal extension:
- Press the CFwdAll softkey as displayed along the bottom of the LCD screen.
- After hearing two beeps, press a 4-digit internal extension number. (Note that unanswered calls are sent to voice mailbox of the original number)
To forward all calls to an external telephone number:
- Press the CFwdAll softkey.
- After hearing two beeps, press '0' and telephone number. (Note that unanswered calls are transferred to the external phone number and voice messages are recorded in voice mailbox of the external phone number, if any)
To cancel the call forwarding from your phone, press the CFwdAll softkey.
Call pickup group
A pickup group is a group of IP phone extensions that allows users of a phone among the group to answer incoming call to any one extension of the group. Phones of a team of co-workers nearby or in neighbor office might form a pickup group. Contact the system administration to setup a pickup group. Afterwards, when a phone among the group rings, you may answer the call using your phone:
- Pickup the handset or press the NewCall softkey.
- Press the more softkey until you see the Pickup tab.
- Press the PickUp softkey and now the call rings at your phone.
- Press the Answer softkey to answer.
You may contact your department to submit a CSC Work Request to set up the Call Waiting feature for your IP phone.
When this feature is enabled, you will hear a call waiting tone and see caller ID information if a new call comes in while you are on another call. To answer the call, press the Answer softkey.
- The line with the held call displays the call-on-hold icon .
- To return to the original call, you must put this call on hold by pressing the Hold softkey or end this call followed by the Resume softkey.
- Use the button to scroll through the calls on hold and press the Resume softkey.
To transfer a call to another extension of the IP phone system:
- During a call, press the more softkey until the Trnsfer softkey is shown.
- Press the Trnsfer softkey. This places the call on hold (Press the EndCall softkey and then the Resume softkey to return to the original call).
- Press a 4-digit internal extension number to transfer the call to this internal extension.
- When it rings on the other end, press the Trnsfer again. Hang up if handset is used.
During a call, press the more softkey until the Confrn softkey is shown.
- Press the Confrn softkey. Doing so automatically activates a new line and puts the first party on hold.
- Dial to another party you invite to the conference.
- When the call connects, press the Confrn softkey again to add this party to the conference.
- Repeat the first 4 steps to add more party(ies).
Once the conference initiator disconnects, no new conferees can be added.
To abandon the addition of a conferee, press the button on Cisco 7940/7960 IP phone of the line being used.
When the maximum number of conferees is hit and the Confrn softkey is pressed, a message 'Exceeds maximum parties' will be shown on the LCD. Press the button on Cisco 7940/7960 IP phone of the line being used to return to the conference.
Make internal call
You can make internal call by pressing the last 4-digit extension directly, no matter the destination number resides in the old PABX or new IPT system.
E.g., '7658' to get reach to the CSC Help Desk.
Mute the microphone
You can mute the microphone during a call
- Press the button (dimmed) to toggle Mute on.
- Press the button (Red) to toggle Mute off.
Personal Address book
Just pressing an one-touch button of the 7940, 7941or 7960 IP phone, you can check out telephone numbers of your friends, family and business partner from your online personal phone book.
View personal address book:
- Press the button to list subscribed service(s) available for your IP phone.
- Use the button to highlight ' Personal Directory ' and press the Select softkey. Alternatively, press the number in front of ' Personal Directory '.
- Enter your UserID and press to move downward to enter PIN. Then, press the Submit softkey . (An initial PIN will be sent to the user by e-mail when the phone set is deployed.)
- Use the button to highlight ' Personal Address Book ' and press the Select softkey. Alternatively, press the number in front of ' Personal Address Book '.
- Press the Submit softkey to display all your address book entries. Or, use the button to choose search options: First Name , Last Name and Nickname, enter a specific name using your phone keypad and press the Search softkey to display names matching your search criteria.
- Use the button and the Select softkey to select an entry and then a phone number.
- Press the Dial softkey to place a call.
Edit Personal Address book:
You can edit entry in your personal address book using keypad and softkey of the handset. Moreover, It is easy to edit your personal address book through web-browser from a personal computer connected to the campus network.
Please click here for the procedures to create/edit your Personal Address Book.
You are kindly reminded to click Log off and exit from the Cisco IP Phone User Options and close the web browser for the sake of security.
Change ring type
You may apply different ring type to different phone line or apply the default ring setting to a selected phone line by pressing Default softkey.
- Press the button and then choose ‘Ring Type’ option.
- Select a phone line for the default ring setting.
- Use the button to scroll through the ring types. Press Play to hear the selected ring type. Press the Select softkey at the ring type of your choice and then press OK softkey.
View missed/placed/received calls
- Do one of the following to invoke the directory feature.
- On Cisco 7912G IP phone, press the Menu button and use the button to select Directories and press the Select softkey
- On Cisco 7940/7960 IP phone, press the button.
- Use the Navigation or button to select Missed Calls and then press Select softkey on Missed Calls (You may choose other directory, say Placed Calls, Received Calls, Personal Directory or Corporate Directory).
- To place a call from any directory, use button to select the call record and then lift the handset or press the Dial softkey.
If your phone has been enabled the voice mail feature by the system administrator, you can do one of the following to invoke the voice mail system and follow the voice instructions to check voice messages and setup mailbox options there.
- Press the 'Msgs' softkey on a Cisco 7910/7912G IP phone.
- Press the button on a Cisco 7940/7960 IP phone.
- Uplift the handset and dial '6000' and follow the voice instructions to setup mailbox options.
- When you are out of the campus, dial '34426000', enter your extension number and password to setup mailbox options.