I am a first-year PhD student at the Department of Media and Communication, City University of Hong Kong. I finished my master’s degree at the Department of Media and Communication, City University of Hong Kong, majoring in communication and new media (MACNM).
- Liu, Y. L., Huang, L., Yan, W., Wang, X., & Zhang, R. (2022). Privacy in AI and the IoT: The Privacy Concerns of Smart Speaker Users and the Personal Information Protection Law in China. Telecommunications Policy, 46(7), 102334. (SSCI)
- Liu, Y. L., Yan, W., & Hu, B. (2021). Resistance to Facial Recognition Payment in China: The Influence of Privacy-related Factors. Telecommunications Policy, 45(5), 102155. (SSCI)
- Yan, W., Wang, Y., Li, X., Guan, J., & Niu, Y. (2020). Comparing the Video Information about the HPV Vaccine: A Content Analysis between Bilibili and YouTube. Health & New Media Research, 4(2), 169-192.
- Jiang, L., Yan, W. (2020). Subject and Object: Analyzing Vlog’s Media Logic from the Perspective of Mediatization. (主体与对象: 媒介逻辑主导下视频博客媒介化分析) [in Chinese] Chinese Editors Journal (中国编辑), 4, 70-74. (CSSCI)
Selected Conference Papers
- Yan, W., Hu, B., & Liu, Y. L. (June 2022). Privacy Fatigue of Smart Speaker Users in China: Exploring the Affecting Factors and Privacy Coping Behaviors. Paper to be presented at the 24nd Biennial Conference of the International Telecommunications Society.
- Liu, Y. L., Hu, B., Yan, W., & Lin, Z. (May 2022). Chatbots or Humans? Cognition, Affect and Privacy Concerns regarding Usage Intention toward Chatbots: A Comparative Study between Mainland China and Hong Kong. Paper to be presented at the 72nd Annual International Communication Association Conference (ICA).
- Liu, Y. L., Yan, W., Hu, B., Li, Z., & LAI, Y.L. (2021). Exploring How Personalization and Source Expertise of Information from Healthcare Chatbot Affect Users’ Health Beliefs and Usage Intention. The Annual Conference of International Association for Media and Communication Research (IAMCR 2021 online).
- Yan, W., & Ai, P.Y. (2021). Heterosexual Males Dating on Social Media: Understanding the Effects of Love, Non-stigmatization and Information Quality on the Motivation to Use Weibo for Serious Relationships. The Annual Conference of International Association for Media and Communication Research (IAMCR 2021 online).
- Hu, B., Liu, Y.L. & Yan, W. (2021). Should I Scan My Face? The Influence of Perceived Value and Trust on Chinese Users’ Intention to Use Facial Recognition Payment. The 23nd Biennial Conference of the International Telecommunications Society. (Online conference)
- Liu, Y.L, Yan, W. & Hu, B. (2021). Resistance to Facial Recognition Payment in China: An Extended Privacy Calculus Model. The 71th Annual ICA Conference (virtual).
- Yan, W., Liu, Z. & Xiao, J. (2020). Influencing Factors of Young Adults’ Advertising Avoidance in In-feed Ads of WeChat Moments. Education in Journalism and Mass Communication (AEJMC)’s 103rd conference, San Francisco, California, USA (virtual).
- Full-time Research Assistant July 2020-July 2021
Department of Media and Communication, City University of Hong Kong