• PhD in Media and Communication (2017-present)
City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR
• Visiting PhD Student (2019)
Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
• MA in International Communication Studies (2017)
National Chengchi University, Taiwan ROC
• BSc in Communication, with a concentration in Public Relations (2012)
President University, Indonesia
• Graduate-level Course(s):
COM5405 Consumer Behavior Insights
• Undergraduate-level Course(s):
COM2103 Communication Research Methods
• Waruwu, B. K., Tandoc Jr., E. C., Duffy, A., Kim, N., & Ling, R. (2020). Telling lies together? Sharing news as a form of social authentication. New Media & Society. https://doi.org/10.1177/1461444820931017
• Oktavianus, J., & Waruwu, B. K. (2020). Finding Rest in the Unrest: Migrant Domestic Workers’ Smartphone Use in a Crisis Experience. Paper presented at 70th Annual International Communication Association Conference (ICA 2020).
• Waruwu, B. K., Tandoc, E., Duffy, A., Kim, N., & Ling, R. (2020). Telling Lies Together? Sharing News as a Form of Social Authentication. Paper presented at 70th Annual International Communication Association Conference (ICA 2020).
• Waruwu, B. K. (2019). "I'm not one of those maids": Smartphone use for stigma management. Paper presented at the Annual Conference of the International Association for Media and Communication Research (IAMCR), Madrid, Spain.
CURRENT RESEARCH PROJECTS
• Mediated family practices among migrant workers in Hong Kong
• Understanding family communication as a form of coping strategy among migrant mothers in Hong Kong and their family Indonesia during COVID-19 outbreak
• University Grants Council (UGC) Scholarship 2017-2020, Hong Kong
• College of Communication Scholarship 2014, National Chengchi University, Taiwan
• First grade JABABEKA Scholarship 2008-2011, President university, Indonesia