Cultural and Language Immersion
Thank you for your interest. The application period is over.
Fee and Funding Support
- CityU sponsorship normally covers up to 60% of total expenses and is dependent on successful completion of the CALI programme. The programme cost varies for different destinations. AFTER THE SPONSORSHIP, the estimated amount you are required to pay to join the CALI programme at Hertford College, University of Oxford is around HK$ 32,0000-35,000.
The exact amount will be announced later.
* NEW this year: Additional subsidies maybe given on the basis of higher costs borne by students.
- After announcement of results, students will have around 2-3 days to accept the offer by paying HK$3,000 caution money and fill in the reply slip enclosed in the announcement email.
- Caution money: The caution money is refundable, provided that students fulfill all programme requirements. It is non-transferable and does not form any portion of the programme fee. Students who withdraw at any time with no strong justifiable reason will not get any refund. If any additional costs is incurred after full payment, e.g. change in exchange rate or rise of fuel costs/other charges for air ticket, the additional cost will be deducted from the caution money.
- The programme fee covers airfare (round trip between HK and hosting country), accommodation, and programme fee/tuition. Most meals are included (for details, please see the Programme Information section). The partner institution will arrange airport pick up and drop off. Personal expenses are not included.
- No teacher will accompany the student group when they depart from Hong Kong nor when they return from the overseas airport.
- Students are responsible for their own living expenses during the programme, including but not limited to local transportation, laundry, insurance, education expenses for books, stationery, etc.
- Eligible students with financial needs may apply to the Global Engagement Office (GEO) for partial sponsorship from the Scheme for Subsidy on Exchange for Post-secondary Students (SSE) / Scheme for Subsidy on Exchange to "Belt and Road" Regions (SSEBR) via the College. Application procedures will be announced by GEO to successful applicants in due course.
- Students may also visit the Student Development Services website (here) for other financial assistance schemes and/or scholarships that may be available.
Last update: 4 February 2020